Portfolio Analytics Group, Associate
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) supports the investment process through the development, deployment and support of our enterprise investment management platform (Aladdin®), which is utilized by executives, portfolio management, risk management, and operations teams. BRS provides strategic advisory and enterprise investment system services for our clients with portfolios totalling over $14 trillion. Our diverse client base is internal and external. Internally, we provide the technical and analytical support to BlackRocks' portfolio managers. Our external coverage includes portfolio managers, pensions, insurance companies, banks, and governments around the world. The BRS business is the natural evolution of our long-standing investment in developing sophisticated and highly integrated analytics and systems for managing money.
Portfolio Analytics Group:
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) is a risk and analytics group in BlackRock Solutions that utilizes sophisticated analytics in fixed income, equity and alternatives disciplines to help our clients and portfolio managers understand their portfolio exposures, strategy, risk and returns. PAG designs the daily risk reporting and ad-hoc analytical support to assets under risk management across thousands of portfolios. Members will gain a broad understanding of the asset and risk management business, which includes learning about the wide range of securities our clients trade, how they are priced in the market, how we analyze them within BlackRock Solutions and what sensitivities they have to market factors. The group provides business and market knowledge to guide the development, maintenance and enhancement for the analytics and tools that are used to support the investment management needs of BlackRock Solutions' risk management clients.
The responsibilities of an Analyst in the Portfolio Analytics Group include:
- Learning and understanding in detail many different product types from the fixed income and equity markets as well as the different risks of each sector
- Working with Risk Management and Portfolio Management teams to understand their objectives and business processes
- Designing new analytics suited for local markets, new products, and new management styles.
- Demonstrating the application of these analytics to risk and portfolio managers at BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions clients.
- Managing projects utilizing a global team to extend and enhance risk and portfolio management tools.
- Following the global markets on a daily basis to understand how macro-economic factors affect portfolio risks and investment decisions
- Focusing on regional market products and practices and sharing local expertise with the global team
- Supporting new product launch activities, including analytics due-diligence and creation of sample risk reporting
- Maintaining rich documentation to promote product and process standardization
- Strong English ability with the ability to speak Japanese a plus
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creativity, an analytical mind and openness to using technology to solve problems
- Strong interest in financial analysis and the investment management process
- Entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top