Multi Asset Investment Strategist, Analyst/Associate - BlackRock Investment Institute
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The BlackRock Investment Institute (BII) provides connectivity between BlackRock's portfolio managers, originates economic and markets research, develops actionable views for clients, and publishes investment insights. We systematically leverage BlackRock's expertise in macroeconomics, financial markets and geopolitics to help our portfolio managers deliver positive investment results for clients. BII's global Investment Strategy team work with the firm's portfolio managers to develop investment views and represent BlackRock's market views across client channels and in the media.
The Multi-Asset Investment Strategist will work closely with BlackRock's Chief Multi-Asset Strategist (CMAS) and the broader Multi-Asset Investment Strategy team.
Support the Multi-Asset Investment Strategy team with content production:
- Update and maintain presentation decks
- Create charts that help to present the Investment Strategy team's views
- Prepare the CMAS for client meetings and media appearances
- Assist in Investment Strategy connectivity initiatives, delivering content and agendas for internal meetings
Develop BlackRock market and investment insights:
- Contribute to the broader BlackRock market and investment views, conducting research and analysis, and sourcing data and information from across the resources available at BlackRock, to provide thoughtful and differentiated content for Investment Strategy material
- Collaborate with other members of the Investment Strategy team to co-ordinate content globally, ensuring that the Investment Strategy team are sharing content effectively and delivering consistent messages
- Contribute to the team's efforts to systematically track geopolitical risk, conducting research and preparing talking points on key risks and supporting the broader efforts of BlackRock's Geopolitical Risk working group
Drive internal connectivity:
- Develop relationships with partners across the firm, helping internal teams leverage BII content most effectively and answering internal queries
- Partner with BlackRock's legal and compliance teams to ensure that BII content conforms with stringent requirements across different regulatory regimes
Knowledge / Experience:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- A passion for macroeconomics, financial markets and geopolitics
- Motivated team player, flexible in approach and able to work independently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and facility in both manipulating data and synthesizing conclusions
- Ability to handle tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to present ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Thomson Reuters Eikon/Datastream experience preferred
- Foreign languages are a plus but not required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top