Mobile / Web Software Engineer, Analyst - Aladdin Product Group
- Budapest, Hungary
About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve sophisticated and exciting problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
The position is for a Mobile Software Engineer (or Web Software Engineer who's willing to broaden skills in the mobile-development space too) within Aladdin Product Group's Aladdin Channels team whose mission is to increase engagement and satisfaction for our clients through our web & mobile channels by providing technology utilized by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Risk Managers and Compliance Officers.
You will help incubate, prototype and implement the road map for new digital products, working in agile squads alongside highly skilled global Product Owners, Designers, Researchers and Engineers. Our ideal candidate is an entry-level engineer who is equally comfortable working with a designer to build a beautiful front-end experience in any mobile platform (or in a modern web-platform like Angular or React) and writing an API implementation driven by lead engineers on the team.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo, brave to bring your own ideas to the table
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about frontend technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Have an eye for the details that matter to seek the problem but also not lose focus on the big picture and mission we are pursuing
- Open to work in a truly agile environment
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow and get in the hands of people bringing user-value and satisfaction
- Developing in TypeScript, React Native, Angular, Kotlin, Swift and many others
- Learning whatever we need and doing everything to reach our goals - let it be the implementation of design-system components for mobile, holding the torch and establishing mobile-development practices in BlackRock or phase to full-stack and develop our back-end in the cloud
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- 1+ years hands-on experience developing frontend applications (ideally in mobile) considering responsive- and multi form-factor design implementations
- Passion for technology and architecture; meaning you possess a deeper functional understanding of how frameworks you are using work
- Strong object-oriented skills and familiarity with design patterns and implementation experience using one or more OO languages
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development life cycle best practices including testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions and gain consensus on plans from a non-technical audience
- A track record of forging positive relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of native mobile development or frameworks like Swift and/or Android Java/Kotlin
- Experience in using mobile-technologies for crash-reporting, analytics, push-notifications, etc.
- Experience in full-stack development, through API-implementation to data-store connectivity and design (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience using public cloud provider (Azure, AWS etc.) and multi-tier application architecture and design
- Active participation in communities, meetups
Interested? Hit apply!
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top