Market Data Management, Associate
About this role
The Index & Data Solutions team (IDS) is responsible for the index and data strategy and the management of the commercial relationships with each provider. We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, self-starter individual to be part of our global operations team. This Associate will be responsible for index and market data licensing of our BRS (Aladdin) client base and collaborate within IDS group on project deliverables and business inquiries.
The ideal person will be high-energy, ambitious, passionate about performance and excited about an opportunity to be a part of a high performing team. The candidate is a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, the ability to simplify complex matters, assess problems and execute on solutions.
- Execute against set targets and year-end objectives for IDS Operations team
- Own the Market Data channel during the onboarding of new external BlackRock Solutions clients which includes providing guidance on licensing and associate data pass-thru fees that are required
- Liaise between IDS relationship managers to understand material changes to vendor relationships and proactively communicate them to internal stakeholders and BlackRock Solutions clients
- Engage with IDS relationship managers in APAC to support BlackRock Solutions client onboarding process with emphasis around the sourcing of local data vendors in APAC
- Provide guidance and support to internal and external BlackRock clients on data contractual rights and restrictions
- Coordinate changes to subscriptions in third-party entitlement systems
- Respond to business inquiries on market data products and services from our inventory
- Collaborate with team members on reconciliation projects (accounts, services and providers)
- Assist with our process reviews, offer ideas for improvements and work together to implement them
- Build relationships with our business partners at the firm and providers in the financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance or equivalent combination of education and minimum 3 year's work experience
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Market and Index Providers and ability to interpret contract terms and conditions is helpful
- Familiar with some of the local Index and Data providers preferred, but not required
- Proficient with Excel and other MS Office applications, and able to quickly learn proprietary systems
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening skills. Comfortable interacting with and influencing a broad range of audiences, from peers to senior level managers
- Consultative approach to understanding client needs and a passion for solving problems
- Experience in project/ initiative implementations is helpful.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese is critical (other local languages would be a plus but not a must)
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top