About this role
Portfolio Management Group - Liability Driven Investments
With one of the most diverse set of capabilities and resources in the industry, we are uniquely positioned to be able to put our best ideas into practice. The Fixed Income departments at BlackRock, part of the comprehensive Portfolio Management Group (PMG), manage more than $2.5 trillion in fixed income assets across index and active strategies, including the $300 billion European liability driven investment business.
The Liability Driven Investment (LDI) business utilises the breadth and depth of the entire fixed income platform when delivering investment solutions for our clients. BlackRock has been running LDI mandates for over 25 years, and we are passionate about crafting and implementing fixed income solutions to help institutional clients meet their long-term investment objectives. We are an investment team with offices located in London, Budapest, Gurgaon, New York, Atlanta and San Francisco split across Client Portfolio Management and Core Portfolio Management sub-teams.
The Client Portfolio Management team is responsible for the design, development and support of LDI solutions to institutional investors. The team is also the primary contact point for clients and consultants on all matters related to the LDI mandate. The team works closely with the Core Portfolio Management team, who are responsible for trade construction, implementation and on-going management of LDI portfolios.
What you will be doing
The LDI Client Portfolio Manager plays a lead role in designing and implementing LDI strategies for our clients in EMEA. Specific responsibilities include:
- Engagement with existing and prospective clients to identify the investment challenges they face, and to understand their goals and objectives;
- Designing investment solutions for institutional clients and working with the client and their advisors to implement the strategy
- Preparing legal documentation and facilitating the agreed investment strategy;
- Providing ongoing technical support to the client with respect to the mandate (i.e. training, delivering mandate and market updates, resolving client requests);
- Preparing presentations and articulating content to our clients;
- Working to integrate ESG considerations into client mandates
- Contributing to idea generation and thought leadership tailored for LDI clients and prospects;
- Making a significant contribution to projects that further enhance the investment platform, our capabilities, our product offering and our team.
- Working in partnership with internal stakeholders across the organisation to achieve the above.
We are looking for people who are
- Accountable: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Client-focused: You orientate around the clients' needs and put them first
- Multi-taskers: You have an ability to handle a range of tasks in a high-volume environment
- Finishers: You drive things to completion
- Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
- Communicators: You can connect with clarity, distilling complex issues into simple explanations
- Team players: You want to contribute to a strong team performance
- Several years of relevant experience (ideally fixed income or pensions related, in asset management, banking or consulting)
- Experience working with clients, and providing excellent client experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- You will have a passion for markets, how they work, and how investment strategies are created
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- CFA, FRM and/or Actuarial qualification is a plus
This role is within the scope of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime(SMCR).
Key Regulatory Obligations
The successful candidate will be subject to both the Individual Conduct Rules and the Fitness and Propriety Rules of the FCA. As long as they remain a Certified Person it is their responsibility to continue to meet the required standards of fitness and propriety for their role.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.