BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We're looking for the brightest engineering minds to solve the world's most complex financial challenges. Join us in building and bettering the world's smartest financial technology. Aladdin.Bringing together the best of a technology pioneer and a financial leader to offer engineers a truly unique place to make a difference. At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. BlackRock Leverages BIGGER DATA. To deliver SMARTER MONEY. And drive MASSIVE IMPACT in the lives of millions of people around the globe.We are looking for Java Developers that will work on various critical components of our Aladdin System to create and deliver software, take ownership of projects from start to finish, and work independently or with a project team.Requirements
- 3 + years of Hands-on experience in Java
- Strong Object Oriented Development experience building distributed applications
- Experience in developing distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies such as Cassandra, HBase or Riak
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Scala or Python
- Experience with open source web technology such as JQuery, Hibernate, JBoss, AngularJS, ReactJS etc strongly preferred
- Big Data development is a plus (Hadoop, ZooKeeper, HDFS, Sqoop, Pig)
- Experience in streaming technologies like Spark Streaming and/or Storm
- Financial knowledge and interest
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top