About this role
About BlackRock Real Assets:
In today's dynamic and complex global investing market, we help our clients meet their investment goals by providing a distinct range of well defined, outcome-orientated strategies, along the investment risk - return spectrum. Our dedicated teams of industry and sector specialists deliver global reach, with deep local expertise. They have decades of relevant experience, are deeply embedded in their operating industries by sector and geography and have developed strong partnership networks over time. BlackRock's culture of risk management, knowledge sharing, and investment discipline sets us apart and underpins all that we do. With over 390+ professionals in 27 offices managing over US$60bn in client commitments as of 31 December 2020, BlackRock Real Assets partners with clients to provide solutions tailored to individual portfolio needs such as income, growth, liquid or balanced real assets outcome.
About BlackRock APAC Real Estate Equity:
BlackRock Real Estate APAC is one of the investment businesses within Real Assets. The team manages equity real estate investments in Asia-Pacific on behalf of institutional clients, primarily in comingled closed-end value funds through the Asia Property Fund series and additionally through separately managed accounts. Our extensive experience encompasses all major property types, including office, industrial, retail and residential.
The APAC Real Estate team comprises 34 investment professionals located in six offices across the region providing a uniquely local real estate team, within a global asset manager. The team is headquartered in Hong Kong where the portfolio management team sit. It is supported by numerous dedicated business partners including Legal, Compliance, Tax, Finance, Operations, ESG and Investor Relations as well as Real Assets Product Strategy and Research. The team has been investing in APAC Real Estate since 1999, has undertaken more than 50 investments in the region and currently has approximately US$4bn (as at March 2021) in assets under management. The team has recently launched its fifth value-add flagship fund, a closed-ended direct equity investment fund which raised US$1.175bn, targeting investments in the primary countries of Japan, Australia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong.
About BlackRock Real Estate in Japan:
BlackRock Japan Real Estate is responsible for acquiring, financing, managing and disposing of real estate investments in Japan for the APAC real estate business. The team of 7 investment professionals in Tokyo also provide market research and real estate investment strategy recommendations for Japan to the APAC portfolio management team.
Reporting to the Head of Real Estate Japan, the Analyst/Associate role covers a broad range of duties and responsibilities for investment management including regular reporting and quarterly reconciliation of cash flow models for existing investments. The scope of responsibilities will also cover assisting with new acquisitions including preparing financial projections to evaluate potential investments, assisting in the preparation of preliminary investment memos, assisting with due diligence, and supporting the transaction closing process.
Investment modelling, monitoring and reporting:
- Prepare and maintain accurate investment models
- Monitor investment performance and provide data and information for weekly project control and quarterly project review meetings
- Undertake hold/sell analysis including sensitivity analyses to provide reliable and accurate actual/forecast investment returns.
Student of the market:
- Source and provide research data for key underwriting assumptions (current markets rents, rental growth rates, vacancies and incentives, operating expenses, capital values, yields / cap rates, tax and financing terms)
- Preparation of investment / divestment / financing proposals and investment committee memorandums.
- Assist in the co-ordination of Due Diligence including external service providers and internal functions within BlackRock (in particular Portfolio Management, Treasury / Financing, Risk, Legal & Compliance, Company Secretarial) to successfully close transactions.
- Support business initiatives and projects, client information requests and data requests for fund-raising campaigns
- BA/BS Degree.
- An understanding of real estate global market dynamics.
- Minimum 2 years of real estate experience.
- Highly numerate with developed quantitative capabilities.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills as well as precise manner of expression.
- Reliable team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Fluent in both Japanese and English (speaking and written word).
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.