Institutional Sales Manager Netherlands - ETF and Index Investment - Vice President - Amsterdam
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
iShares® is a global leader in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), with more than a decade of expertise and commitment to individual and institutional investors of all sizes. With over 700 funds globally across multiple asset classes and strategies and more than $1.7 trillion in assets under management as of March 31st, 2018, iShares helps clients around the world build the core of their portfolios, meet specific investment goals and implement market views. iShares funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock
The BlackRock EII Institutional Sales Team in the Netherlands is seeking a high-energy, motivated and experienced Sales person (Vice President) based in Amsterdam. The Vice President is responsible for the development of existing relationships and the growth of the client book in the institutional segment in the Netherlands. The incumbent will focus on delivering ETFs to a sophisticated and diverse client segment, thereby growing BlackRock's passive asset management market share in the Netherlands.
The role will need to employ a wide variety of direct and indirect sales strategies, working closely with many other BlackRock teams such as Portfolio Management, Capital Markets, marketing, Product Development, Institutional client business Group and the broader EII European and Global teams.
- Development and execution of a clear strategy for the institutional client segment. This involves strategic account planning, identifying new opportunities for iShares business development and communicating the strategy to all stakeholders.
- Responsibility for delivering against strategy, evaluating and contributing to strategy alterations in response to changing business conditions.
- Responsibility for delivering against annual target of net new assets
- Acquisition of new clients and sourcing of projects to expand the use of BlackRock's passive offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets)
- Close cooperation with client service analysts and partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition
- Manage day to day business flow and deliver service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics)
- Collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally
- Comply with all regulatory and legal standards
- Master of Business Administration, Economics, Finance or an equal professional experience, CFA or similar qualification is an advantage
- Proven experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors and managing senior client relationships
- Ability to take account ownership and strategically develop relationships; position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets
- Strong understanding of capital markets
- Outgoing nature who puts client-interest first and likes to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- The individual must be an energetic self-starter with professional pride and a commitment to excellence and improvement; she or he is a team player with a "can-do" attitude and a pragmatic flexibility; further, the successful candidate will be organized and entrepreneurial, possessing exceptional verbal and written communication in Dutch and English
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Lead UX Designer—New York
Sabrina handles a variety of responsibilities—from designing enterprise software, to managing and mentoring other designers, to championing user-centered design within BlackRock—in support of BlackRock’s continual focus on improving the user experience of its technology solutions.
Back to top