Global Tax Operations Project Manager Financial Operations Support
The mission of the Finance Operations Support (FOS) team is to ensure optimized operating models within Finance, consistent across our global functional teams as appropriate. To promote this objective, we connect key Finance resources with relevant functional specialists from across BlackRock, identify and document business requirements and manage the implementation and subsequent maintenance of platforms and processes designed to address those requirements. FOS team members serve as internal change management consultants who apply knowledge of BlackRock's resources - people, processes and technology - to ensure concepts become reality in support of both new business initiatives and ongoing business process enhancement.
The FOS team has a global footprint. Team members are responsible for managing projects that drive Finance objectives forward through initiatives that can have either regional or global focus. Team responsibilities include coordinating project team activity; supporting effective and timely communication among project team members and subject matter experts from across the firm; drafting clear and comprehensive business requirements and project management documentation; designing sound processes and workflow models; partnering with internal or third party resources to drive design specification sign-off, oversee technical development progress and coordinate quality unit testing; providing ongoing project updates to all relevant stakeholders; facilitating user training services and; ensuring timely delivery of effective, well designed solutions.
In addition to project oversight, on an ongoing basis, the team works to manage the platforms supporting Finance's day-to-day operating model to ensure our technologies remain optimized and our operational processes are sustainable, efficient and supportive of a robust control environment. The team provides level one support for Finance operational platforms and as needed, assesses/trouble-shoots and identifies actions to resolve any issues that arise related to the suite of technology solutions Finance employs including Oracle R12 e-Business Suite Financials (R12), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), IBM Cognos Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos Analytics and our proprietary BlackRock Aladdin platform.
- Work closely with BlackRock Finance's Tax department, specifically the Global Product Tax team, to understand, document and drive the strategic process improvement initiatives that will deliver tax team objectives through an optimized operating model that leverages technology to drive connectivity, efficiency and effectiveness within a sound controls framework
- Build consensus in support of critical projects through analysis and presentation of well-defined business cases including targeted outcomes and anticipated benefits
- Manage projects to successful completion, whether global or regionally oriented; lead project teams whose members represent a wide range of functional and technical skills including regional and product Tax specialists
- Ensure key executives and stakeholders are kept informed and engaged through each project's lifecycle
- Understand principles of sound corporate operating procedures, identify functional gaps and work with Finance leadership to close such gaps
- Partner with Finance senior leadership, in the region and globally, to help shape Finance platform strategy to support business growth by delivering operational efficiencies that capture scale opportunities
Critical Skills and Qualities:
- Experienced project manager with focus on business analysis and operational process design
- Knowledge across a broad range of product and corporate tax matters; tax reporting and compliance experience a plus
- Familiar with tax technology applications with real world deployment experience
- Administrator/power user experience with one or more of the following a plus: Oracle Financials, SharePoint, IBM Planning Analytics, IBM Cognos Analytics
- Clear oral and written communicator able to articulate and cogently present strategic and tactical objectives, including underlying business rationale, with appropriate audience sensitivity (e.g. project team, firm wide functional partners, project stakeholders, senior management, etc.,)
- Results driven, experienced problem solver with conscientious attention to detail
- Self-starter able to proactively drive positive project progress with limited manager direction
- Sound business judgment; able to accurately assess relevant facts and circumstances, determine appropriate next steps and communicate same in a clear and timely manner as appropriate
- Advanced MS Office user
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top