Financial Modeling Group (Java / Scala / C++ / Python / Big Data)
The mission of the Advanced Data Analytics team is to employ data science to:
- Help clients make more informed investment decisions
- Create analytical solutions through collaboration with our partners
- Culture of the team is very open, agile, quantitative, and entrepreneurial.
We believe that:
- Scale requires collaboration, flexibility, and an unwavering commitment to automation
- To be insightful requires experimentation and perseverance
- Challenging problems are the cauldron of creativity and discovery
- Data empowers and confers competitive advantage on those who use the right tool for the job
The role will be a key member of the FMG Advanced Data Analytics group in New York. The position will be an individual interested in the field of big-data infrastructure, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization solutions. In addition to having passion in these fields, the candidate should be comfortable with multiple programming languages (Scala, Java, Python, R …) and multiple technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Tensorflow, RDBMS…) to support the modeling and infrastructure requirements of the diverse nature and demands of the team. In addition, the candidate will be supporting more senior members of the team to create tools and solutions that can help our clients with their investment decisions.
- Interest in computational statistics, in particular, the applications of machine learning and natural language processing to behavioral finance. We are working at the intersection of mathematics, computer science, and computational finance.
- Ability to face off with finance and business subject matter experts on challenging problems
- Aptitude for learning new programming languages to support data science projects
- Knowledge of distributed compute such as Apache Spark or Tensorflow
- Experience with open source data science tool kits and technologies
- Apache Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Cassandra, HBase, Storm, Kafka
- Distributed caches, e.g. Ignite, Hazelcast
- R (markdown, dplyr, glmnet, caret, other packages)
- Experience building high quality interactive web based applications
- Angular, React, Highcharts, d3, R (ggplot2, shiny)
- Cloud computing platforms, e.g. AWS, GCE and configuration management systems, e.g. Ansible
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top