Enterprise Technology Infrastructure Engineer - Associate
Technology & Operations
The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to manage over $4 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing everyone with a common language and a central point of reference for our investment activities globally.
The Aladdin and Application Engineering teams within the Aladdin & Technology group use the latest technologies to design and develop applications that make up the firm's investment management platform. The systems support the full lifecycle of the investment management process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade routing and settlement.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be a member of Enterprise Technology team that manages a range of Infrastructure Services for the firm. The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for managing a global infrastructure spanning a wide range of technologies supporting Enterprise Messaging, Desktop, Server and Application virtualization, as well as other enabling technologies such as, Citrix, Active Directory, Oracle LDAP, Naming Services and end-user computing.
In addition to these technologies, the team is responsible for defining product roadmaps for the technologies we manage and in working with the various technology teams, serve as the end-point for developing and managing design documents, POCs and engineering criteria for new and existing systems.
The candidate will work closely with BlackRock's Technology Infrastructure teams, such as Unix, Network and Storage, to deploy and configure high performing platforms and also with the Application Development teams to design, analyze and tune the applications that execute code on the dataservers. Operationally, the team forms a tight knit group of issue management specialists with Client Technology Services and Production Operations.
This Infrastructure Engineer will report into the Global Lead of Converged Systems, will serve as the APAC lead subject matter expert (SME) in core virtualisation technologies, with emphasis on VMware, KVM, Openstack and RHEL with a requirement to develop a working knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop and NetScaler.
The SME will serve as a regional lead for APAC and will work with the global lead in the the design and implementation of the virtualisation and internal cloud platform as well as a number of VMware, Openstack and RHEL technologies that are core to supporting the business. The role demands that the individual works well under pressure and can deliver towards tight deadlines. The SME will be responsible for assisting the Global Lead for Converged Systems in the management of a platform servicing over 12,000 users and a wide range of applications residing on ~ 10,000 servers.
Relevant technologies include but are not limited to:
- Virtualization technologies
- VMware vSphere 6.x
- Linux (RHEL 6/7)
- Scripting languages and automation (Powershell, Python, Ansible, Puppet)
- Citrix technologies - XenDesktop / NetScaler (desired but not essential)
- Significant involvement in both internally and externally driven projects, design, architecture and security discussions for both core and enterprise services
- Subject matter expert in VMware, KVM, Openstack, scripting, automation and data analysis.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of core virtualisation and cloud services
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation (SOPs, standards, how-to, BCP/DR) for services deployed and managed by the team
Must possess 10-12 years of enterprise-level experience in most of the following areas
- VMware vSphere 5.5 / 6
- Virtualization technologies (VMware/KVM/Hyper-V)
- Linux (RHEL 6/7)
- MS Azure
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Citrix XenDesktop
Candidate should possess scripting/programing skills in at least two of the following languages:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science and/or alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills.
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Certifications a plus
'• Location: Singapore
- Travel: No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top