EMEA Events Planner, Associate
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Event Management team is a centralized global team working in tandem with internal business groups to deliver some of the most effective events and programs in the industry. We use technical and creative skills while maintaining key vendor relationships to leverage the firm's overall purchasing power. The Event Management team ensures delivery of a consistent brand and client experience throughout the EMEA region as well as project management and budgeting to ensure a measurable return on investment. This role reports to the Head of EMEA Events in London.
The position requires the successful candidate to have proven work experience in the financial events industry and can demonstrate a successful record of managing day-to-day program operations inclusive of small to mid-size employee and client-events, as well as the experience coordinating tradeshows.
The event coordinator will manage program logistics and procedures for corporate conferences, client events, and 3rd party sponsorships including but not limited to:
- Hands-on project management which requires site selection, contract negotiation, invite/registration management, staging and AV direction.
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with vendors on behalf of BlackRock.
- Working in-concert with our internal business and marketing partners to bring each event to fruition.
- Interacting with all levels of management and client organizations.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in corporate event planning.
- Experience with 3rd party/trade stands preferred.
- University degree required.
- Fluency in German is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and experience with on-line registration systems.
- Familiarity with StarCite and mobile event apps a plus.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Capable of independently managing small events, as well as assisting team members on large, complex events.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a strict deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and adjust work accordingly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong proofreading skills.
- Professional disposition.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top