Director - COO Technology & Operations
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Technology & Operations COO Business Management team is responsible for providing direction to Technology and Operations through strategic messaging, informative reporting, and open communication across the organization. The team prepares and gives guidance on presentations to BlackRock senior management and employees across the firm. The team is responsible for administrative processes across Technology and Operations associated with headcount management, financial and budget management, performance and risk measurement and reporting, risk and audit management, talent and development and organizational structure. The team works with Technology and Operations functional teams through clear and concise communication to develop and complete initiatives that assist in meeting the firm's objectives.
The Director of Business Management contributes to leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Technology and Operations has designed an effective and scalable operating model for the business activities supported. This includes understanding and evolving the operational controls and processes, administrative and reporting procedures to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This role will report to the head of Business Management and will work closely with the full executive management team.
- Analyze strategic operating model dimensions (competitive analysis, project ROI, location analysis, in source/outsource choices, business economics)
- Furnish senior leadership with appropriate and timely information time to enable strategic planning and communication
- Apply knowledge of functional businesses to contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Coordinate global activities (e.g. annual planning, strategic communications materials, etc.) across functional teams
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and staffing against budget, financial and operational goals
- Collaborate with functional businesses, Finance and Human Resources on forecasting, planning, and analysis for global Business Operations teams
- Partner with senior leadership and Human Resources to develop talent development programs
- Intellectually curious individual with a bachelor's degree
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to foster relationships at all levels in the firm, inclusive of ability to facilitate discussion with senior stakeholders
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organizational skills; does not require close supervision Strong focus on high quality delivery
- Ability to directly manage and coach junior staff in a constructive and positive way
- Motivated by working on cross-functional projects with a broad range of processes, needs and topics.
- Previous experience in management consulting financial services practice
- Be an agent of change who is committed to progressing the agenda for diversity and inclusion in the firm
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work Capacity to influence an outcome by using fact-based approach with communicational finesse
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top