Director – BAA Product Specialist
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles designed to capitalize on evolving opportunities across markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide attractive risk-adjusted returns in up and down markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, funds of hedge funds, single-strategy hedge funds, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the resources of a global firm in areas such as risk management, client service and operational support.
BlackRock Alternative Advisors (BAA), BlackRock's hedge fund solutions unit, manages over $23 billion (as of 1 August 2017) in a wide range of multi-manager absolute return and hybrid strategies for a broadly diversified, global client base.
The BAA Product Specialist team is tasked with gathering and retaining client investments in BAA products. The Product Specialist role emphasizes new business development, client relationship management and product development. Product Specialists may be involved in developing marketing materials and written content in support of BAA's capital raising and retention efforts. The role demands a high degree of collaboration with other BAA team members, as well as frequent interaction with other BlackRock business units, such as BlackRock's Institutional Client Business ("ICB"), Global Consultant Relations ("GCR"), BlackRock Retail, and BlackRock Alternatives Specialists ("BAS").
- Develop business strategy for Asia ex-Japan region: working with current BAA, BAS and ICB leadership, develop strategic business plan to identify new investment opportunities and areas of focus (country and client type specific) within the Asia ex-Japan region.
- Relationship Management and Sales Support: lead existing client relationships, as well as relationships with internal clients including BlackRock's distribution teams.
- Business Development: within context of regional business plan, identify new business opportunities, meet with prospective investors to drive the growth of BAA products and services.
- Content/Marketing Materials Development: organizing materials and coordinate logistics for meetings with clients and prospects. Additional responsibilities to conduct research and develop written content and marketing materials in support of prospect development and client relationship management.
- Implementing solutions: Project-managing the execution of structurally complex investment mandates, liaising with stakeholders across various functional teams (legal, operations, etc.)
- Investment Insight: Engage with clients and prospective clients in substantive conversations related to portfolio allocations to marketable alternative investment strategies.
- Ability to creatively and proactively support BAA's client relationship management and capital raising activities
- Strong research and writing skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with experience presenting to clients and prospective clients
- Ambitious work ethic and professional disposition
- Knowledge of capital markets and marketable alternative investment strategies
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to professional interaction
- Proven organizational skills; ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously and work with senior leadership located in different global locations
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines and motivate team members
- High attention to detail and drive for perfection
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent BAA internally and externally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skill using proprietary technology.
- Unimpeachable integrity with an uncompromised reputation
- Able to accommodate meaningful travel
- CFA or CAIA additive
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top