Digital Product Manager, Associate
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximising outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? ETF usage is accelerating, and iShares is #1 with global organic growth of 20% and a 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone. However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. Perfect storm. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
The growing volume of clients holding iShares, and the increase in those engaging digitally, requires a new approach. We must evolve to a deeper customer experience, facilitating users through the purchase funnel, personalizing to their needs and fostering ongoing loyalty.
As we take a new approach for our clients, we are building out our team and we're looking for an A-player to join our iShares.com team as Delivery Lead.
As the Delivery Lead, you will be a central connecting point of the iShares.com Delivery:
- Working closely with the product owners to deliver against strategy, facilitating the overall product discovery and development, and project management processes
- Partnering with the squads to elevate their plans and understand their key performance indicators (cost, time, margins, quality, ROI)
- Developing visibility and transparency across the portfolio/programme/projects; status, progress, forecasting, process visualisation
- Strengthening the culture within the team, helping to enable autonomy, elevating mastery and maintaining alignment on purpose
- Establishing new squads and project teams, and acts as coach and/or project manager as needed
- Building strong partnerships in iShares, Digital Wealth and Digital Marketing to drive strategic initiatives
- Leading the risk and issue management process with identification, analysis, assessment, planning, prioritization and resolution
- Championing continuous improvement of culture, process, enablement and people
- Providing teaching, mentoring and coaching on Delivery (Product Development & Project Management), and assist in conflict resolution to squads and individuals as needed (in and outside the department)
- Undertaking resource management including assessment of skills/attributes, hiring and on/offboarding
- Managing department product/project budget
Essential skills / experience
- Experienced in project management, able to drive forward key initiatives, lead cross functional teams and manage workflow, efficiently prioritising
- Well-practiced in agile ways of working, including scrums, sprints, time boxing, liaising with customers throughout the entire solution delivery lifecycle etc
- Strong attention to detail, collaborative with a positive, can-do attitude, adaptable and not above any task
- Passion for digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative team player
- Interest or experience in finance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Lead UX Designer—New York
Sabrina handles a variety of responsibilities—from designing enterprise software, to managing and mentoring other designers, to championing user-centered design within BlackRock—in support of BlackRock’s continual focus on improving the user experience of its technology solutions.
Back to top