Developer - Portfolio Management Tools
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillion in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Portfolio Construction Tools team develops industry leading portfolio management applications used by BlackRock and external clients to manage over $14 trillion in assets. With support for multiple asset classes and a variety of investment processes, it is a rare opportunity to learn about the portfolio management process and building scalable applications. The team is fast paced and globally distributed.
- As a Java developer, responsibilities will include but shall not be limited to the following:
- Implement new business functionality on the Aladdin system to meet business requirements
- Provide ongoing support and development maintenance of existing application functionality.
- Working closely with senior members of the team, end users and client support teams to provide support and better understand user requests
- Partner with end-users and client services staff in the rollout of the new business functionality
- Develop an increasing understanding of technologies and architectures, including enterprise architecture, design and implementation, software design and deployment best practices
- Ensuring focus on quality and delivering results
- Assist team leads with developing project estimates and plans
- Communicate technology decisions, issues and risks to senior team members and clients
- Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- 4+ years of experience with large scale software development and deployment
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- Knowledge of Java Swing and multithreaded java development
- Knowledge of Spring, JDBC & SQL
- Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns
- Experience developing scalable server is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products is a plus
- Experience working with, designing and building scalable real time systems is very helpful
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to express ideas or analysis with clarity
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environment across several time zones
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow with efficiency
- Passion for learning and technology
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top