About this role
BlackRock's Multi Sector Fixed Income Team, focused on Unconstrained Portfolios, is expanding its Corporate Opportunities Team in New York City.
The group is seeking an Analyst to advise on both long and short investment decisions across the Capital Structure with a particular focus on below-investment grade positions including, among others, leveraged loans, public and private credit, equities and PIPE's. Candidate should have at a minimum a working knowledge of performing, stressed, and distressed credit, valuation analysis, and deal structuring. Candidate specific sector specialty not required, but it will likely be designated over time as opportunities present.
Strong aptitude and understanding of total return alpha generation, financial modeling, and strong communication skills are paramount to this role. Role is dynamic and requires a candidate to work with teammates in an interactive, intense environment but also someone who is a self-starter seeking greater responsibility over time.
- Analyze and source dynamic investment situations and develop these into trade ideas
- Understand credit risk across the various portfolios
- Work closely with existing sector specialists and with senior Portfolio Managers to implement investment strategies
- Responsible for providing investment opinions and expanding the team's investment purview
- Bachelor's degree and a CFA Charter and/or an MBA is Preferred but not required
- 4+ years of relevant experience working as a research analyst, preferably with a focus on high yield credit
- Ability to review bond indentures, credit agreements, and other relevant documents to aid in investment decisions
- Experience in portfolio construction a plus, but not required
- Proficient with in-depth financial modeling
- Motivated, committed, self-starter with a desire to add significant value to the platform
- Ability to flourish in a demanding, high pressure work environment
- Python or programming knowledge a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.