Content Lead, ETF and Index Investment (EII) EMEA - Vice President
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock's iShares is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with over $1.7 trillion in assets under management and approximately 37% share of the global ETF market. With more than a decade of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. We serve investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. The platform offers clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets.
The Content Lead of the EMEA ETF and Index Investment (EII) business works closely with specialist teams and EII distribution teams to commercialise insights for ETF and index investors. We are hiring a senior Content Lead to drive content creation, evolving the team into a market-led content center of excellence. The candidate will be part of a team that focuses on generating investment content for the iShares business, and take editorial oversight on a large number of content pieces as well as dissemination. The successful candidate will work with multiple stakeholders such as capital markets, sales, and product teams to create impactful content in the MiFID II environment.
- Strategy Setting: Formulate the content strategy for EII to align with business objectives and influence multiple stakeholder groups towards the end goal of a consistent and value-add content offering.
- Content Creation: It entails synthesising specialist insights into clear, compelling reports and client collateral for internal and external distribution. Develop commentary to support views and insights (e.g. client commentary, bylined articles, trade ideas, sales talking points, etc.) on macro, thematic and "breaking news" topics. Produce content to support product launches, marketing campaigns, portfolio construction and an array of diverse and fast-changing topics.
- Sales & Distribution Engagement: Drive distribution efforts for content, including engaging with distribution platforms such as the internal 'Market Hub' and external iShares websites.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- 6-8 years of experience including 4-6 years in a directly relevant capacity (e.g. investment writing, project management within financial services). Journalistic background preferred
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Superior ability to synthesise information and convey in a clear, concise, engaging way
- Proactive idea generation - driven and self-motivated
- Creative, global thinker with high intellectual curiosity, voracious consumer of markets content
- Strong understanding of BlackRock's business and clients, solid commercial sensibilities
- Experience writing about markets and investment views with clients
- Humble attitude to writing: agile with templates and open to feedback
- Experience with readership analytics, with readiness to react to this data
- Collaborative team player with a demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Experience with leading projects which require difficult and sometimes conflicting stakeholder management, in a vague corporate environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top