Compensation Financial Consultant-New York
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
As an Associate Compensation Financial Consultant at BlackRock, you will work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will support other Total Reward partners to deliver effective solutions and advice to the business on all aspects of BlackRock's compensation programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support for the design and administration of compensation programs
- Support Compensation Partners, recruiting team members, and HR Business Partners by drafting competitive compensation offer proposals and tracking process of approvals for new candidates and existing employees
- Assist with the annual planning, preparation, and process of allocating the corporate bonus pool and base salary budget at year-end
- Keep track of and synthesize market trends for distribution amongst team
- Coordinate annual survey participation, which includes assisting with job matching, data submission, and reviewing results.
- Become a "super-user" of the Compensation System
- Assist with ad hoc compensation-related inquiries from Compensation Partners, HR Business Partners, and Business Heads
- Report on compensation trends, outcomes and issues as needed
- Additional duties may include assisting the team in development and implementation of other firm-wide and business-specific initiatives
- Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required - nested "if" statements, formatting, analyzing large amounts of data, etc.
- Compensation/Finance experience or related field desired (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred).
- Deferred compensation or retirement plan administration experience a plus
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to express complex thoughts clearly and convincingly in writing, in-person, and in group settings.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and senior-level leaders.
- Able to multi-task and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines combined with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to navigate through ambiguity; flexible and adaptable to change.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Workday, Oracle, etc.) a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top