BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
As a Compensation Consultant within BlackRock's Global Human Resources department, you will work with a team of HR professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will partner with HR colleagues to deliver effective solutions and advice to the business on all aspects of BlackRock's compensation programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with HR partners to identify, assess and deliver effective solutions and advice to the business on all compensation matters.
- Develop recommendations and innovative solutions that address clients' needs while aligning with the firm's overall compensation approach and philosophy.
- Manage business specific compensation programs including strategy, plan design and implementation.
- Ensure effective communication and governance of the firm's compensation plans and philosophy.
- Assess effectiveness of current offerings, tools and guidelines in supporting business objectives; identify and resolve gaps and recommend continuous process improvements.
- Manage the annual year-end base salary and bonus review process for key clients while working in close collaboration with HR partners and Global Compensation team.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to structure and advise on offers for new hires and/or internal transfers.
- Stay current on new/innovative practices and trends in the compensation field; review existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of supporting staff or project team, if applicable
- Assist on broader rewards team initiatives, as applicable.
- Manage other ad hoc and compensation-related projects, including FLSA reviews, as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in math, accounting, finance or related
- 3+ years previous experience in a Compensation role required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Industry and/or consulting experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, including the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience consulting with senior business leaders on compensation approaches.
- Experience building and managing relationships.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion; client focused approach.
- Experience in a global environment is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates a focus on continuous improvement.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top