Command Centre Operations Analyst
Business Unit Overview:
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG). Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock's information system's needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breath of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
The Core Systems Operations (CSO) organisation is part of the Aladdin Product Group at BlackRock. It is responsible for ensuring a fully stable, resilient, scalable, and cost efficient production environment across all our core investment systems.
Command Center Operations (CCO) is responsible for the global Command Center which proactively identifies, escalates, communicates and resolves incidents for BlackRock and external clients. CCO also enhances operational stability through operationally focused cross functional projects, structured documentation, reporting and, disaster recovery testing. CCO drives proactive incident and problem management reducing and preventing incidents from occurring through data driven trend analysis and reporting.
Command Center Operational Support:
- Manage the CSO Command Center for a defined period daily
- Log incidents, assess impact, proactively troubleshoot reported problems
- Lead coordination of functional teams in rapidly resolving service disruptions
- Communicate business impact clearly and in non-technical terms to key stakeholders
- Invoke and coordinate Disaster Recovery procedures in production impacting and testing scenarios
- Be flexible to work early/late shifts as per business requirement
- Rotating On-Call and rotating Weekend coverage is a mandatory function of this role
Incident & Problem Management:
- Track incidents through the Incident and Problem Management process to resolve root causes
- Proactively leverage incident data to define and remediate trends preventing incidents from reoccurring
- Provide ad-hoc and ongoing management reporting of incident and problem remediation
- Identify strategic operational stability enhancements across the Aladdin platform to improve operational stability
- Project management for operationally focused, cross functional projects
- Process driven identification of operational tool enhancements
- Continuous development and maintenance of operational support documentation
- Assist the Change Management group with change planning, coordination, and execution
The candidate is expected to possess and should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Organization and critical thinking skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a production support or client service role (financial services is preferred, but not essential)
- Completion of a degree in computer science or related IT field preferable but not essential
- Self-directed, effective at prioritizing tasks, managing time, and getting things done
- Ability to priorities competing requests and escalate for support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Action-oriented attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical background in Microsoft Windows and Unix
- Skilled in writing SQL queries for data extraction and analysis but not essential
CCO offers a great opportunity to become a leader in support of the critical investment systems used by BlackRock and over 150 external organizations through the BlackRock Solutions business. CCO have a proven track-record of offering career advancement opportunities and engagement across many business units within BlackRock, Aladdin Product Group, and BlackRock Solutions.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top