Client Order Management, Vice President
- Budapest, Hungary
About this role
The role is to join our Client Order Management (COM) Team as a Vice President.
The Client Order Management (COM) Team is positioned within Global Client Services, the function serves as a central point of contact for our global clients and internal departments who wish to instruct investment changes. COM are responsible for servicing our clients with significant interaction with clients and internal partners. The team coordinate and facilitate client trade instructions into/from pooled funds and provide client support for BlackRock's web based trading portals. The COM team is tasked with ensuring that order placement is accurate and consistent with the client's instructions. COM leverages Aladdin technology to provide excellent client service.
The COM Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the COM team. As an experienced leader, the individual will be expected to ensure the team continues to develop in line with Blackrock values and industry advancements. Alongside the Regional Lead, the Manager will play a key role in determining and implementing the global COM strategy, and therefore carries significant accountability for the success and reputation of the COM team.
- Will manage a team and be responsible for managing major projects / key initiatives.
- Possess the ability to step into various roles within the wider group and excel during challenging situations, be these management tasks, general leadership or problem solving.
- Accept full accountability of the daily working of the team in the Director's absence.
- Actively participate and contribute to the team's strategic agenda, driving efficiencies and service excellence. Execute the tactics needed to achieve goals and objectives.
- Resolve BAU issues as they arise.
- Partner confidently with the team and across Blackrock to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Plan and communicate effectively, taking due account of the audience, potential reaction, always anticipating questions and soliciting feedback.
- Possess a high level of technical/analytical competency within the team and an appreciation of the team's business model and associated group wide processes.
- Possess an inherent knowledge of roles and responsibilities of other internal groups along with having a clear understanding of all roles within the team, including functions and systems, and you are able to influence with authority.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in the core systems supporting the team and an aptitude for learning new applications.
- Possess an understanding of the downstream impacts of all roles within the team.
- Drive process/system enhancements based on in-depth knowledge of the principles and practices within your area of expertise.
- Possess a positive 'get the job done' attitude, displaying a flexible approach to an ever changing environment.
- Build cross functional and/or global relationships with a keen understanding and insight into the objectives of Client Ops and key stakeholders.
- Rapidly develop an intricate knowledge of Blackrock, as well as the different business areas in order to facilitate solutions.
- Exhibit an excellent understanding of investment management strategies.
- Able to take the role of business lead and manage/drive tactical and strategic team projects of all scales through to completion.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in all circumstances.
- Act as an ambassador, interacting confidently and influencing internal and external clients, providing specialised technical/professional recommendations or guidance.
- Able to adapt your style, message approach and delivery based on audience preference, demonstrating that you are an effective partner.
- Able to work confidently in a cross functional capacity enlisting the support and expertise of others throughout the team or Blackrock as needed.
- Display exceptional role model qualities through leadership, mentoring and communication. Coach team members and/or manage team performance.
- Act as an advocate for team and internal and external clients, consistently demonstrating Blackrock's values and leadership framework.
- Drive and motivate group and ensure key objectives remain on target and are met successfully.
- Embrace change as an opportunity for growth and development.
- Set and maintain a positive level of morale within the team.
- Understand, operate within and adhere to internal team and overall Blackrock policies/ procedures reviewed at periodic intervals.
- Understand and articulate your business group's strategic goals, any associated risks and/ or challenges to implementation.
- Act as a point of escalation when operating issues occur, taking responsibility for managing incidences and driving through to resolution.
- Identify and understand all facets of significant, complex business issues and the impact of possible solutions. Possess the ability to conduct independent analysis or research to determine best solution.
- Control and mitigate risk, take the lead to identify weaknesses/improvements in established/proposed models and processes, executing the necessary remediation and controls with external and internal team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance client needs with Blackrock's policies and operational procedures.
- Manage direct reports' performance and development and promote team talent, if applicable, to other areas of the organisation.
- Ensure a strong business continuity plan is maintained and enhanced where necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external people at all levels in an effective manner facilitating efficient meetings, whether by phone, in person or Video Conference.
- An investment professional with a thorough understanding of investment management operations and Blackrock's business and a demonstrated proactive approach to staying on top of the knowledge and expertise required to do the job.
- Able to provide and receive feedback constructively.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges
- Understand and are able to accommodate different personalities. Possess experienced conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to implement innovative process solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing environment.
- Possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and compliance-friendly solutions.
- Will ideally possess demonstrable experience in financial institution
- Exemplary communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strongly proficient on standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess time management and prioritisation skills.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top