Associate-Investments, Portfolio Strategist, Client Portfolio Solutions
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset
allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients' growing demand for outcome-oriented
investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment
Officers (Client CIOs) offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom
portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth
Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and
Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions - Americas, EMEA and APAC - with teams
responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and
addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock's real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro
research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed
Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources
of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the
BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for
our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a wholeportfolio
basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin's industry-leading analytics, we are
committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and
embodies BlackRock's strategic commitment to meet our clients' evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold
and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce
regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil
partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive
environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the
benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Portfolio Strategy team is organized by client channel to design, implement, and oversee portfolio
construction and asset allocation expertise to solve our clients' most complex investment challenges.
Rooted in BlackRock's longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the strategy team also
collaborates with teams around the firm to provide strategic investment consulting including holistic
portfolio and risk solutions to some of our most sophisticated clients.
What you will be doing
• Engaging with Client CIO teams in Americas to understand client's unique circumstances then apply portfolio
and risk analytics to drive their investment decisions
• Working with Client CIO teams to support institutional investors in an advisory and portfolio construction
• Performing analyses on topics such as asset allocation, portfolio optimization, liability driven investing, risk
management, and implementation best practices;
• Supporting business development efforts and assemble materials for client account reviews;
• Compiling presentations for one-on-one client meetings and larger-scale conferences;
• Supporting ad hoc research and contribute to articles and white papers on relevant topics of interest;
• Be directly involved in the execution and delivery of many high-profile client projects.
We are looking for people who are:
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to "put yourself in others' shoes"
Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Open: You value and respect input from others
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
What you should have
• Minimum of 2 years of financial services or asset management experience;
• Good understanding of financial markets, institutions and institutional investment strategies;
• CFA and/or CAIA (or progress toward) encouraged but not required;
• Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership;
• A genuine inclination for quantitative analysis and the ability to work through complex challenges to provide
• Intellectual curiosity and compulsion to probe deeply into research topics;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex topics to non-technical individuals in writing as
well as verbally;
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; a familiarity with basic coding (e.g., VBA, Python, R, Matlab) a plus;
• Desire to help build a business and willingness to be involved in all aspects of business growth initiatives;
• Ability to work well within a team structure in a fast-paced, hard-working environment;
• High level of integrity to become a trusted partner to clients and peers;
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
What you must be
• Highly professional, organized and committed to excellence;
• Curious to challenge the status quo, as well as the quality and accuracy of information;
• Able to manage various projects simultaneously through strong organization skills, remain calm under pressure;
• A fiduciary, maintaining integrity in every aspect of performance;
• Self-motivated, driving projects forward with little supervision;
• Able to build trusting relationships quickly;
• A clear communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top