Associate - Software Engineer
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape.Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
BlackRock's mission of creating a better financial future for our clients includes delivering to them invoices for management and performance fee, enhancing overall client experience. As a member of Billing team within Business Operations and Enterprise Systems, you will be responsible for engineering enterprise billing or client invoicing systems, which include straight through processing workflow components, and front end tools to configure billing setups and invoice delivery to clients.
This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc. Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing. As a member of the development team, you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets.
An ideal candidate should have a passion for technology and continuous learning, be able to adapt to changing requirements, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
- Contribute ideas to the architecture and design of new components and enhancements to existing components
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives
- Work with the business teams to understand requirements, develop solutions, incorporate them into the designs of our components, and be able to defend decisions that were made
- Be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, including working with the production operations team to prepare and execute releases
- Participate in standup meetings to share status updates and discuss blocking issues
- Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software, and handle queries from business teams
- Write technical documentation for planning and strategic reviews
- Foster quality, standards, and cross-training via code reviews
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have 4-8 years of work experience in JAVA/J2EE.
- Should have experience with Open Source tools and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Junit, Maven, Ivy
- Experience on front-end MV* frameworks like AngularJS, Angular 2
- Experience on Relational Database (SQL, PL/SQL) and NoSQL like Cassandra.
- Experience on Web services protocols like REST , SOAP and experience in developing HTTP and MQ interfaces
- Should have knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous deployment using Git/CVS/SVN and Jenkins.
- Financial knowledge and interest preferred.
- Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones a must
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities a must
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top