About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world's most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies
You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the Aladdin Product Group.
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Curious and eager to learn new things, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others
- Data and quality focused, with an eye for the details that make great solutions
- You sometimes make mistakes, but always willing to learn from them
- Passionate about building quality software and scalable technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- We have strong Java expertise and also work with a range of technologies such as Azure cloud, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Angular and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on agile innovation
The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on software developer to work on an exciting strategic product to expand our Aladdin Platform. Working with a global team and be a part of an outstanding group of engineers setting, evolving the technology direction of our upcoming suit of applications for Portfolio Management. Passionate about multiple aspects of enterprise software development - Performance, Scale, Resilience, Usability and Maintainability. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged and empowered to bring your ideas forward to help shape the technical solutions. Making you become a strong team player in our distributed and diverse global team. You also have the opportunity to present your innovative ideas to leaders across the firm.
This position will give you immense exposure and training in some of the latest technologies, such as Angular, Ignite, APIs, gRPC, Proto-buffs, Spring, Azure Dev Ops, Node.JS, Cassandra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry and the exciting world of investing and portfolio management
- Develop and maintain investment functionality used by portfolio managers
- Help design and build the next generation of the world best investment platform
- Contribute to an agile development team working with designers, analysts, users and leads
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support.
Experience and Qualifications: (5 - 8 years)
- Strong foundation in Java and related technologies
- Experience with either front-end web development (such as Angular, Type Script) or distributed computing technologies (such as Apache Ignite), or both.
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
Nice to have:
- Some experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes
- Experience working in an agile development team or on opensource development projects
- Experience with SQL or Apache Cassandra Database.
- Experience with Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.