Associate, iShares Global Markets - ETF Platform
- San Francisco, CA
About this role
EII US iShares Global Markets - ETF Platform
The ETF & Index Investing (EII) US iShares Global Markets team is responsible for growing and protecting the trading of the US iShares product suite. We are passionate about leading all aspects of primary and secondary market ETF trading! We seek to identify and mitigate trading frictions that could impact the market quality of our products. In addition, we work alongside ETF market participants, such as liquidity providers, exchanges and regulators to strengthen and advance the ETF trading ecosystem.
Your role and impact
In this role the person will be responsible advancing the technology infrastructure. The objective is to modernize and scale the creation and redemption process. We aim to connect ETF authorized participants, market makers and custodians in a seamless, automated workflow. They will ensure the platform is evolving to support increased volume and velocity of ETF trading, controlling for operational risk as well as allowing for the support of new, sophisticated and innovative ETF products. This individual will inform development requirements as well as ensuring that a deep understanding of operational risk is embedded in the design phase of major initiatives. The individual in this position will work closely with internal partner teams and externally with ETF liquidity providers to progress critical initiatives, understand trading frictions as well as chances to create changes that increase participation or strengthen the ETF ecosystem.
- Deliver on team strategy through defining requirements, prioritizing platform development resources, and managing timelines
- Collaborate within the team to design platform improvements while ensuring roll out is managed both internally and externally
- Recommend and lead the implementation of ETF platform initiatives that increase ecosystem stability and/or create opportunities to scale trading of iShares ETFs
- Develop positive relationships with internal/external partners to understand how their business intersects with Global Markets
- Proactively raise creative ideas that could result in either risk mitigation or increased scale in the primary market
- 3-5 years industry experience with an understanding of investment technology - Knowledge of SQL, Python, Aladdin and experience working closely with development teams would be helpful
- Have a high level of motivation, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to function well under time pressure
- Able to own and drive multiple projects at once with organization that allows for a project delivery that prioritizes multiple stakeholders
- Risk management mentality, able to identify downstream implications and proactively call out vulnerabilities at design phase
- High degree of professional discretion, accountability, and judgment. Critical that person is adaptable, flexible and thrives in a team environment!
- Confirmed relationship-building abilities, particularly influencing, and listening to people across different functions and seniorities
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top