Associate, Fundamental Fixed Income PM
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure
to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The EMEA Fixed Income Core Portfolio Management team has responsibility for managing Blackrock's Fixed Income portfolios in EMEA (500+ accounts, $300+bn AUM), covering a wide variety of investment styles (Systematic Active, Fundamental Active, Indexed and Smart Beta) and product types (Mutual funds, Institutional pooled funds, Exchange traded funds, Segregated accounts and Hedge Funds). The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Credit risks in portfolios managed by the Global Bond team meets investment objectives and are consistently applied in risk-controlled manner.
- Within the Global Credit Fundamental desk, work with Sector Specialists to construct and implement active views to portfolios accurately and maintain risks within individual portfolio guidelines, risk budgets and performance expectations.
- Contribute to the investment process by providing Relative Value analysis, substitution trade ideas, portfolio analysis and other market colour. Ensure substitution trade correlations are tracked and reported to the team when required.
- Ensure that portfolios are compliant with their investment guidelines and efficiently escalate and resolve potential issues.
- Rebalance portfolios for flows, benchmark changes and any client directed events.
- Monitor, evaluate and process corporate actions elections on portfolios.
- Manage Derivative lifecycle events for futures, FX forwards and option positions.
- Manage Cash and FX exposures on portfolios.
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting required by the investment team using BlackRock's proprietary tools (Aladdin).
- Work closely with the team's product specialists to contribute towards the client experience by participating in portfolio reviews and client pitches.
- Enhance and streamline portfolio management processes within the Credit team and across the CorePM platform.
- 2-5 years professional work experience in a Fixed Income related role.
- High quality BA / BS in Finance, Economics, CFA or similar field with relevant experience preferable.
- Experience of managing Global Credit portfolios a plus.
- Knowledge of Aladdin tools a plus.
- Proficient in programming language (VBA/MATLAB/Python) preferable.
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolios and activities.
- Successful experience working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; drive to succeed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top