About this role
Business Unit Overview:
Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are seasoned investment professionals that partner with our Portfolio Managers and act as the link between them and client relationship managers, playing a central role in facilitating connectivity between investors and distribution. Product Strategists represent their respective investment teams to both internal and external clients, acting as a specialised source of product and market knowledge. Product Strategists are embedded within investment teams allowing them to deliver the highest quality investment communication to all clients globally.
Fundamental Equities is a key division at BlackRock with c $300bn of assets under management and over 250 investment professionals. The Fundamental team (FE) use traditional analytics to pick stocks and assemble coherent, deliberate and diversified portfolios. BlackRock is the largest investor in Global Emerging Markets (GEM). The FE GEM team is made of 40 investors in Asia, London and the Americas, managing $23bn of assets under management.
We are actively searching for a Global Emerging Markets Equity Product Strategist for the Fundamental Active Equities division, based in Gurgaon and focusing on the following:
- Product strategy is a combination of business and product expertise within the active emerging market equity industry, equity market expertise and knowledge of the portfolios on our platform.
- As an associate on our global EM team, the role is to support product strategists in Hong Kong primarily while also liaising with London and the US.
- One of the key purposes of the role will be to ensure we are best representing BlackRock's emerging market capabilities at all times - through compelling up to date material, timely responses to request for information and accurate and consistent data
- The role requires to be a strong partner to both retail and institutional relationship managers - leading internal education and being able to clearly and effectively articulate the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products, as well as views and historical trends of the asset class.
- Business development is another critical component - tracking competitors, industry and market trends to help BlackRock position our product offering in the marketplace
- Partner with Client Businesses to engage clients, prospects, consultants and intermediaries on BlackRock's overall GEM Fundamental Equity investment philosophy, process, and outlook as well as on the performance and positioning of specific products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base on the investment team's activities and outlook.
- With Portfolio Manager oversight, prepare portfolio reviews, market updates and other timely marketing materials that can be shared with account managers and clients. Operating within a team environment to deliver high quality and timely materials.
- Take a proactive approach to solving clients' investment-related, business and operational needs by serving as the liaison between the investment team and all other areas of BlackRock like compliance, legal, operations, marketing and sales).
- Contribute to new business opportunities, development of marketing strategies, and respond to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Through daily responsibilities, develop relationships with partners across the firm, and increase awareness of the GEM FE products throughout BlackRock.
- Utilize Aladdin technology and analytical tools to improve processes, reporting and to help drive scale
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a finance, business or analytical subject. MBA or other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Relevant financial markets experience especially Equities essential in a product/investment strategist role, within the investment management industry
- Ability to understand and articulate fund management strategies clearly and with confidence
- Strong presentation as well as oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and ability to develop familiarity and skills using proprietary Blackrock technology.
- Deep understanding of financial markets and investment implications. Knowledge of GEM equities a plus
- Experience with VBA, Python, R or other coding languages is an advantage
- Presence, maturity and credibility to effectively represent internally and externally, and confidence in engaging with internal and external client base
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research and writing skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes.
- Integrity and fiduciary, strong work ethic and professional disposition.
- Strong level of self-direction, ownership, organisation and initiative.
- Team work oriented with proven organisational skills and ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously. Able to influence without authority.
This role is best suited to someone who is articulate, has a strong attention to detail and is interested in equity markets. The candidate will also need strong communication skills, excellent numerical skills, and an understanding of the various functions within BlackRock. The role is diverse and varied. The candidate will be required to deal with colleagues in a diplomatic and persuasive manner and to multi-task in a busy and varied environment. Given the role will involve active communication with investment teams in management teams in Hong Kong, London and New York a candidate with a strong team ethic is paramount.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.