Associate- Core Portfolio Manager
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
- Enter team's trade orders (single order, program trades, etc.) by working as a liaison between the investment team and trade desk
- Monitor orders throughout the day and the resolution of any data/compliance issues
- Handle portfolio managers' enquiries and resolve issues by escalating matters to relevant parties including operations, compliance and RQA in a timely fashion
- Manage cash flow activity and overall cash allocations through equitizations, program trades and other available tools
- Monitor portfolio construction to ensure investment strategy objectives are being implemented across applicable accounts and/or mandates with fair allocation principles
- Handle all portfolio distributions to include monitoring gain/loss activity in the prudent execution of capital gains and dividend distributions
- Other general day to day fund administration work
- Monitor Aladdin CAM dashboards and process election for team as needed
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting required by the investment team using both internal (Aladdin) and external (Bloomberg, Factset) data sources.
- Review, coordinate and process portfolio certifications for regulatory filings and internal use
- Become an Aladdin "super-user" by proposing and testing new functionalities. Facilitate training and usage within the investment team
- Establish strong business relationships with numerous internal teams (BRS, GPAS, Operations, Compliance, Onboarding, Trading, RQA, etc.)
- Work closely with the team's product specialists to ensure smooth on-boarding process and account activation for all new mandates
- Work closely with the broader Core PM community to identify best practices, refining team processes and other ad hoc projects
- Assist product, where appropriate, by generating reports and analysis for client inquiries
- Knowledge of equity instruments and markets required, Asian market exposure preferred
- Operations experience and Aladdin knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Factset an advantage
- Order modelling or trade entry experience preferred
- Advanced IT skills preferred (Excel VBA scripting, SQL, Python, ATX), proficient skills required
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures. Able to demonstrate keen awareness of Operational risk issues
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top