About this role
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clients' and their clients' interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client's unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you.
We are seeking an Associate to join our Aperio COO Team. This individual will help manage financial insights and help drive a broad range of projects. The ideal candidate should understand the strategic initiatives, business financials, and competitive landscape in support of planning, strategy, and operational projects. You can look forward to a multi-faceted role that will require a wide skillset including business knowledge, technical know-how, project execution ability, and strategic thinking to deliver the best outcomes for Aperio.
This individual will report to the Manager of Strategic Projects.
- Work in partnership with the COO team, Sales and FP&A teams to develop annual revenue budgets and ongoing in year revenue forecasts.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor metrics to assess ongoing headcount and resource needs.
- Support the establishment of annual business objectives and priorities.
- Support strategic initiatives across Aperio while providing business management support to the leadership team in support of overall business strategy.
- Support the development of impactful data, reports, and presentations for the leadership team to assess execution against strategy, communicate progress against milestones, and identify areas in need of additional support and resources.
- Support the planning, development and implementation of cross functional projects including running meetings, developing agendas, and following up with notes and action items.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of Aperio's processes and operating environment to translate into streamlined, effective procedures that are aligned to strategic priorities and objectives and assist in identifying areas for improvement in business processes and technology tools.
- Ad Hoc support. Contribute when opportunities arise to support the team's overall business needs.
- Three plus years of relevant experience in business management or finance within asset management or broader financial services
- Committed to a culture of excellence and a positive, inclusive experience for all
- Team player who is inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity and has the ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think creatively
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exemplary communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and partner at all seniority levels and regions
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity, and discernment
- BS/BA required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.