Associate, Aperio Business Development Associate
- Marin City, CA
About this role
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clients' and their clients' interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client's unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you.
About This Role
We are looking for a Business Development Associate who will primarily support the Director of Business Development. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing investment management firm. The primary responsibility of the Business Development Associate is to serve as a day-to-day liaison internally with our business development teams and externally with our clients. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, a high degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational and analytical abilities. They will also be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), be familiar with Salesforce (or other customer relationship management [CRM] software), and be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with clients and colleagues.
Coordinating Relationship Reviews with Clients and Meetings with Prospects-the Business Development Associate will assist with:
- Scheduling and managing calls and meetings (trip planning; handling client-/prospect-facing logistics such as confirming, calendaring, and prepping materials and background)
- Documenting all client and prospect calls, meetings, and emails in Salesforce
- Distributing marketing and research materials to clients and prospects, both prior to meetings and as follow-up after meetings
- Tracking progress and status of all new business opportunities (opportunity management)
- Liaising with portfolio management and operations teams to ensure responsive and high-touch client and prospect service
- Keeping client- and prospect-level information current and relevant; identifying firms and key contacts (prospects/influencers)
New Product Initiatives-the Business Development Associate will assist with:
- Coordinating with the Manager of Business Analytics to analyze sales reporting metrics for performance and forecasting
- Providing support for newer product initiatives with the Aperio and BlackRock sales teams
- Responding to inquiries and effectively discussing all product offerings with the Aperio and BlackRock sales teams and the broader BlackRock organization
- Collaborating on special projects with the other region's Business Development Associates
- Creating and maintaining prospecting campaign lists
- Bachelor's degree in Finance preferred
- Five-plus years of work experience, with a minimum of two years of industry experience preferred
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to both ask relevant questions and exhibit effective listening
- Professional demeanor with a positive attitude
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management aptitude, including experience managing projects and processes
- Acute attention to detail; strong proofing skills for text, data, and graphics
- Efficiency and process orientation
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or other CRM software
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top