Analyst – Global Provider Strategy – Relationship Management Support
Global Provider Strategy overview:
Global Provider Strategy (GPS): The firm has strategic relationships with several key providers integral to our business operations e.g. fund accounting, custody, financial reporting, and transfer agency. These relationships are long-term and complex, and they are financially material to the firm's overall performance and include most of the significant Service Providers in the post-trade asset servicing industry. Outsourced functions include: Trade Operations, Corporate Actions, Reconciliations, Cash Projections, Fund Accounting, Custody, Transfer Agency, Directed Lending Services, Custom processes, Shadow Accounting of client appointed administrators, and coordination & reconciliations with client appointed custodians.
GPS is responsible for developing and executing strategies for the firm's post-trade asset servicing partners. Our aim is to develop greater scale and efficiency through optimizing the service provider landscape and related spend, and incorporating an effective relationship management and governance program.
The Global Provider Strategy Relationship Management Team role will report to the head of RM Support.
As a key member of Global Provider Strategy, the team role will be responsible for supporting the establishment of strategic partnerships with key providers, and partnering with internal business partners to facilitate streamlined engagement and enhanced partnerships with our strategic partners.
- Provide support to Relationship Managers;
- Work proactively with internal constituents and team to formulate and execute strategy for relationships;
- Assure the appropriate leverage of our strategic provider for Operations, as well as the rest of the firm to refine BlackRock's post-trade landscape and provider operating model to gain optionality;
- Deliver reporting to evaluate systemic risks utilizing meaningful metrics and management information;
- Keep abreast of industry developments and ensure BlackRock is well positioned to leverage the scale of our business model. Be a Student of the Market;
- Support GPS and Business Operations in provider searches such as RFPs;
- Partner with GPS team members and other business channel partners to ensure day to day relationship management is fully supported;
- Service Level Standards creation and agreement with providers
- Ensuring service vendor management tasks are completed
- Metric based service evaluation and associated meetings
- Action tracking based on agreed changes from Quarterly Relationship Planning meetings and other key initiatives raised by functional groups and providers
- Aid in leading key initiatives that cross providers and multiple functional groups
- Production of transparency tools such as relationship summaries/plans, monthly headlines, executive memos, call reports and other information sharing materials
- Act as escalation point for recurring themes, issues and challenges
- Promote the awareness of the GPS brand and value add capabilities
- Drive results and deliver value for business
- Degree or Diploma in Finance or similar field required.
- 2+ years of relevant investment industry experience with emphasis in product development, legal and/or relationship management functions.
- The successful candidate will possess an ability to think creatively about future market evolution and new product development
- The candidate must have professional depth and enthusiasm for data-driven strategy
- Analytical ability to synthesize information and summarize issues. Attention to detail and ability to prioritize the most critical business issues.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills. Intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with managers and their teams.
- Results driven, with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Resourceful, proactive team player, able to work with people of all levels.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a professional, fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the asset management industry; portfolio management, operational and the regulatory environment associated with it.
- Strong cross team relationship-building skills, capable of adapting style of communication to audiences of different technical knowledge and backgrounds.
- Ability to pick up and digest new detail and information quickly.
- Looking for an individual that is entrepreneurial, active and business focused, as well as results driven
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top