Analyst, Data & Analytics
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with customized solutions to their most complex capital marketsdriven and investment process challenges. This is accomplished through a combination of proprietary risk analytics and investment systems with the financial markets and business process expertise that comes from being a part of BlackRock, one of the largest participants in the capital markets.
The BRS-ARWM (Aladdin Risk for Wealth Management) team within BlackRock Solutions supports both BlackRock and external BRS clients by providing analytical reporting to help clients understand their portfolio risk, exposures, and performance of portfolios on enterprise-wide levels.
To promote higher level of fiduciary standards, ARWM builds framework to measure the risk of the underlying investments and deliver both tools and market insights. With the shift in focus everywhere to "building better portfolios", there is a significantly increased need to natively and broadly model "funds" in Aladdin:
Evolve the Retail client conversation from product pushing to consultative portfolio construction Provide close to a turnkey solution to asset allocators/owners for assessing the risk of fund investments Gain better intelligence on competitor funds' risk and performance
The Analyst will join the Funds Modeling team in Gurgaon under BRS-ARWM. This team models the exposures of funds in Aladdin, and assesses the risk of fund holdings for our clients.
- Create and maintain risk analytics for a large part of the Mutual Fund and ETF universe across the globe
- Continuously streamline and automate the funds data management and risk generation process through production and engineering improvements
- Develop deep expertise of various asset classes, fund strategies and their risk drivers
- Engage, co-ordinate within a global team on multiple projects in an continuously evolving business environment
- Follow the Global markets on a daily basis to understand how macro-economic factors affect client portfolios' risks and investment decisions
- Post Graduate - MBA (Finance) from reputed institute
- Technical Undergrad degree or progress toward CFA / FRM an added advantage
- Relevant experience in the Mutual Fund and ETF industry
- Candidate must possess good knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments
- Knowledge of portfolio risk concepts (VaR, volatility, tracking error) will be an added advantage
- Basic understanding of Capital Markets
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA and/or statistical packages such as R, will be an added advantage
- Good Spoken and Written Communication skills, should be able to converse freely with global counterparts
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement change
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy & has an eye for detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Able to self-study and motivate and learn new concepts with minimal guidance
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environment across several time zones
- Flexibility of shift timings
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top