Analyst - Aladdin Business, Product Services Project Engineer
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
The Product Services Projects team is focused on driving scale through technology, client and talent projects. As an engineer on this team we will build tools that empower our users, modernize the client support experience and streamline the way we run our business.
Purpose and Scope:
Product Services Project Engineers build out tools that empower our users, modernize the client support experience and streamline the way we run our business.
- Building scalable, performant and elegant solutions to drive scale and efficiency
- Continuous communication of technology plans, decisions, and challenges to senior team members and stakeholders
- Focus relentlessly on driving process improvements
- Partner with colleagues across teams/regions to deliver results and share innovative solutions
New members of the team may focus on the following projects:
Aladdin Metrics: help design and implement a tool that integrates data from across Aladdin to deliver a superior client experience and run our business more efficiently
- Design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Partner to build out a scalable visualization platform
Portfolio Onboarding: Deliver a seamless and intuitive self-service tool set for onboarding portfolios onto Aladdin. Elements of the project include:
- Partnering with stakeholders and APG to design a tool set and flexible end-to-end process for portfolio creation, modification and termination
- Continued build out of the validator to reduce operating errors
- Creation of a flexible, client-initiated data-capture GUI
- Build out of a process management tool-set
Aladdin Help: Build out of Aladdin Help, the centralized in-app hub for training and support resources available in every app within Aladdin.
- Design and develop the machine learning based algorithm that will drive 'proposed answers' for our users on the 'Contact Us' screen
- Build out of the Java version of the Aladdin Help framework
- Design and maintain V2 Contact Us and My Inquiry screens
Partner with APG and PAG to roll out Aladdin Help chat and the associated ACS workflows
- Hands-on programming experience, and the ability pick up new skills quickly.
- Some rudimentary understanding of relational databases and distributed data processing and storage solutions, e.g. Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, HBase and Cassandra.
- Background using Agile/JIRA workflows
- Knowledge of Git
- Passionate about executing how quality projects that deliver business value
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top