Alternatives Relationship Manager Vice President - NY
- New York, NY
About this role
Are you an alternative investment accounting professional with relationship management experience searching for a rewarding and dynamic opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building strong relationships, working alongside of business partners and bringing strategic operational solutions to fruition? Look no further! BlackRock's Global Provider Strategy (GPS) team is pursuing a Vice President of Relationship Management supporting our Alternatives business to join our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow professionally and as an individual.
BlackRock's GPS team is responsible for using BlackRock's scale, industry knowledge, and risk management capabilities to build and expand partnerships with leading financial institutions, achieving the delivery of high-quality service to our firm's clients. To achieve each of these goals, GPS develops and implements a forward-looking provider strategy designed to increase operational efficiency, provide risk and cost visibility, and provide flexibility as our business evolves, leading to an enhanced client experience. To balance our relationships, GPS executes a global provider governance model that combines quantitative and qualitative components, encompasses a consistent engagement program between BlackRock and our partners, mitigates operational risks, and sets parameters for the selection of new partners.
We are looking for an extraordinary teammate to join GPS as part of the Relationship Management team. They will drive our Alternatives strategy by supporting BlackRock's fast-growing business needs including encouraging strategic partnerships with both existing and new Providers.
- Key interface to Provider senior management teams
- Work proactively with internal constituents to evolve and execute on our relationship strategy
- Refine BlackRock's post-trade landscape and provider operating models to maximize scale and optionality
- Proactively address risk utilizing metrics and management information
- Hold Providers accountable for the service delivery
- Stay ahead of industry developments and ensure BlackRock is well positioned to scale our business model
- Lead or participate in Provider searches such as RFPs and RFIs
- Drive commercial terms negotiations with respect to fees taking into consideration Provider costs structures, potential savings and broader enterprise-wide relationships
- Communicate relationship status to BlackRock executive leadership team members
- 7+ years' experience in the fields of operations, accounting and/or administration with a particular focus on alternative investment funds
- Broad knowledge of alternative product operations including alternatives systems, legal structures and fund types, global jurisdictions, investor reporting, financial and regulatory reporting, fee calculations, capital activities and private investment processing
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Experience interacting with investment/sales teams and a range of other partner groups to drive solutions
- Ability to run effective cross-functional meetings
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions
- Ability to lead projects and work in a dynamic evolving environment with the expectation of meeting Fiduciary needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work and deliver results independently; a self-starter
- BS/BA degree in finance/ accounting; advanced degree preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top