Aladdin Business, Client Services, Analyst
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Service Bureau role is part of the Aladdin Product Services within BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin Business unit. BlackRock Solutions' mission is to provide BlackRock with the best risk analytics and investment management platform, as well as to use this platform to offer a variety of tools and services to other large institutional investors. The Aladdin Solutions Center provides front line support and training for Aladdin, BlackRock's proprietary Trading System software. The Service Bureau team focuses on administering client requests, specifically as they relate to setting up client specific data within Aladdin. This data is critical to the functionality of the system
An Analyst in the Service Bureau team is responsible for monitoring incoming requests, handle the requests and then communicate back with the requester as well as maintain a log of all requests completed and in progress. You will be responsible for monitoring clients' requests and making sure their queries are being handled in a timely manner and client SLAs are being met.
- Setting up and maintaining Portfolios on Aladdin
- Creating New Aladdin users and processing User Termination requests and password maintenance
- Handling user permissions requests
- Maintaining Counterparty Setups including Broker desks and Settlement Instructions
- Processing Issuer Setups and Changes (involves communication with other areas of BRS )
- Managing Data questions for external clients
- Setting up scanned signatures for Traders and Operations personnel into Aladdin
- Technical Support - run or modify existing ad-hoc sql queries, etc.
- Preparing Quarterly SLA's for external Aladdin Clients.
- Other configuration changes in Aladdin
- Accurately record and present all metrics related to work to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency
- Work with high levels of accuracy and follow compliance rules
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Organise and participate in cross training efforts.
- College graduates/MBA with 2-5 years of corporate experience
- Strong computer skills are required, and an understanding of relational database concepts. SQL is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills; extremely detail oriented
- Ability to perform in fast paced environment; strong time management skills, with an ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is beneficial
- Asset Management or Broker/Dealer Trade Processing or Operations background is a plus
- Client service orientation and solid oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills/ Qualifications:
- Graduates with a strong academic background in a variety of analytical, financial, and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; very client service focused
- Positive attitude and a team player
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top