Aladdin Business, Client Services, Analyst
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At June 2017, BlackRock's AUM was $5.689 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of September 30, 2013, the firm had approximately 11,200 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
Aladdin Client Services Team tackles the hardest, most sophisticated problems in FinTech. We utilize our in-depth understanding of Aladdin®, our clients' businesses, and the investment management process to provide world-class customer service to our rapidly-growing, global client base. We all studied different things and bring unique skills and experiences to the table, but we all share a serious passion for solving tough problems and keeping our clients happy.
Job Purpose/ Responsibility:
We are product experts with a reputation for getting the job done. We..
- Deliver exceptional customer service to users, every time.
- Solve difficult problems by providing innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with others because we know we can do more together.
- Figure out what needs to get done and then do it.
- Learn every day, question everything, and embrace change.
- Foster a fun, innovative team atmosphere.
- ACS has a long history of providing top talent to the Aladdin Business and broader BlackRock community - we are laser focused on giving Analysts the skills that they need for a successful career at BlackRock.
As an Analyst, you will -
- Answer questions and help our clients run their businesses on Aladdin: You will take emails, and chats from industry practitioners at some of the world's most respected investment institutions. You will solve problems that matter, making direct and measurable difference to our clients. In the process, you will build technical, industry, and relationship skills.
- Use technology to solve problems: We will teach you the skills you need to succeed, such as maneuvering relational databases and parsing product logs. We will also give you the opportunity to leverage the tech skills you already have. Know Scala? Help us fine tune our metrics offering! Passionate about Java script? Build self-service tools for our clients!
- Educate users, leverage service insights, and relay user experience feedback to improve the customer experience and our product: We believe that the best customer service is proactive, not reactive. We are students of our own data and engage with our clients to keep problems from arising, rather than dealing only with issues that are brought to our attention.
- Work on a global team, with a local presence: Our support model follows the sun - if a market is open somewhere in the world, so are we! You will get to work with teams across the world, while still engaging with a vibrant local team
Qualities we look for -
- A passion for customer service and working with others
- A demonstrated love of technology
- Aptitude for problem solving and learning new concepts quickly
- A gritty, get-it-done approach to work
- Strong communication skills and a talent for teaching others
- Intellectual curiosity and an innovative mindset
- Patience, flexibility, open-mindedness, and a unique ability to manage stress
- An interest in the financial markets
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top