Administrative Assistant, Administrative Support
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
- Responsible for managing multiple schedules simultaneously. Pro-actively gather necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule and provide to principal for review prior to the meetings/events. Must be able to use discretion and independently maintain busy calendars and control schedules to ensure managers' ability to accomplish all necessary business. At times must monitor managers to make sure they start and end meetings on schedule.
- Handle a broad range of duties from day to day operational activities to scheduling meetings and correspondence with Executive management and Board members and their assistants.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements.
- Handle a large volume of travel planning including obtaining necessary visas, airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental/service reservations, and working with offices in other locations to schedule client meetings/dinners/events. Prepare detailed travel folders with necessary background information for meetings to take place while traveling.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements in accordance with BlackRock policy.
- Provide core administrative support such as faxing, filing, copying, proof reading, preparing, receiving and distributing mail, interacting with technology support, etc.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
- Become familiar with BlackRock Policies and Procedures and implement them in daily tasks.
- Provide back-up coverage for other administrative team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance, knowing when to escalate issues as appropriate. Must be able to work as part of a collaborative team, and assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Strong analytical thinker; be able to ascertain whether a meeting, issue or situation needs additional input or resources to be correctly addressed.
- Minimum five years of corporate administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with BlackRock executive management. Must collaborate extremely well with the assistants of those individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment, multitask and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions.
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and proficiency knowledge in PowerPoint.
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
- High energy level.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top