About the Team
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Financial Modeling Group ('FMG') is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics used at BlackRock and by clients of BlackRock Solutions. Given the diversity of investments across BlackRock and among BlackRock Solutions clients, the models developed by FMG span a wide array of asset classes, ranging from equity to fixed income to alternatives. In addition, the analytics provided by FMG seek to provide insight on many different levels of analysis, from the cash flows of a single bond to the overall financial risk of a portfolio or enterprise.
As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the FMG team, ensuring a good working environment for all BlackRock staff and visitors. You'll bring a proactive and positive attitude in your regular engagement with all staff and visitors. The role is an integral part of the Financial Modeling Group, and provides key support to the Head of FMG in New York and other senior members of the team. In addition, the role works closely in a community of other Assistants across BlackRock and will from time-to-time be required to provide cover to support the absence of other Administrative Assistants.
- Primarily supporting the Head of the Financial Modeling Group in coordinating meetings, calendar management and travel arrangements
- Aiding the team's Business Manager in coordinating recurring meetings (agendas, materials, etc.) such as Town Halls; drafting team-wide communications; and other day-to-day business management operations
- Travel coordination, expense/invoice management, and calendar support for senior team members
- Logistical planning for special events such as Team Off-sites and outings
- Coordination with the A/V team, Facilities, HR, and other partners, as needed
- First point of contact for visitors, such as candidates being interviewed
- Be an active member of the FMG team and provide ad-hoc support to broader team as required and appropriate
- Provide back-up coverage for other Administrative Assistants
This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work within a fast paced and global financial services company. You will play a key role in the smooth functioning of a dynamic, growing team. You will also have the opportunity to take on special projects, assisting with the organization and business management of the team. You will be working with a supportive management team keen to help identify and reach your career aspirations.
- Experience working as an assistant or administration role. Exposure to the financial services industry an advantage.
- Attention to detail essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Highly organized and with excellent personal time management; able to juggle priorities and follow-up on requests
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office - in particular PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment – adaptable, reliable with a strong 'can do attitude'
- Ability to interact with and develop relationships with all levels
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top