Training & Content Manager (Contract to Perm)
About Our Company
We are Black Mountain Systems, a rapidly growing financial software company with over 125 employees in San Diego, New York, Boston, Charlotte and London. Our clients are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. Our products and services provide analysts, traders and portfolio managers the workflow management and business intelligence tools necessary to quickly and efficiently analyze information critical to the investment process.
What We Value
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- People who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas and driving change
- Energetic and passionate teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Hard-working individuals who habitually do more than asked
About The Role
This is a brand new contract role within our organization reporting to the Director of Client Relationship Management. The person will be tasked with proactively seeking out and absorbing the technical and business knowledge of our software products that exists internally amongst Black Mountain staff, and then distilling and converting that knowledge into a range of content that informs and educates both our clients and internal staff. This person will then personally deliver this content as a trainer, while also steadily building out a range of additional delivery methods.
The audiences range from highly technical to very non-technical, and also range from expert to novices of the financial services industry. This role will deliver internal education to both technical and non-technical Black Mountain staff, particularly as it relates to newly released functionality, but also when onboarding new employees.
Being successful in the above tasks requires working internally with a candid and hardworking team of technology and sales professionals who are passionate about their careers and driven to succeed. Being an effective team member at Black Mountain overall requires multi-tasking and the ability to own, prioritize and track a large number of tasks and responsibilities, without losing focus or becoming overwhelmed.
- Become proficient in core business usage of our Apex product, and then establish a base of training & education materials, and a set of procedures for keeping these regularly updated
- Engage with subject matter experts (SMEs) from the Product Team, Development Team and Implementation Team, especially after major software releases, to understand the new features & enhancements to our software
- Based on these discussions, produce quality release notes (e.g. “what is it, and why should I care?”), online documentation, training guides, training exercises, reference guides, cheat-sheets, training videos and other self-help and trainer led materials
- Work with the Client Relationship Managers and Marketing Team after each release to distill the key benefits and concepts, for use in client meetings and interactions, and for broad and targeted Marketing campaigns
- Ability to work with and provide training sessions for internal staff and for external clients, that educates and equips both technical and non-technical people to understand and use our software products
- Hands-on experience creating the content required, including training guides, cheat sheets, short and long training videos, internal/external webinars, and any other mediums that achieve the overall goals of informing, educating and equipping a range of individuals about our products and services.
- Based in New York City with the potential for 15-25% travel to regional financial centers including New York, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and other locations as needed
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience producing client-facing training materials that summarize complex processes and functions
- Financial industry experience is essential
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing hands-on training for groups and individuals
- Ability to provide “train-the-trainer” sessions for our staff
- Ability to produce clear, concise, and targeted written materials
- Experience with technology, technical terms, and technical people
- Must have a healthy appetite for constantly learning new concepts, functionality and technology. This role will constantly be on the cutting edge of learning our products and services.
- Must be comfortable working in a constantly changing environment with evolving priorities
- Must be accountable, have a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency and ownership
- Must be able to work independently but also value and leverage the collaboration of a team
- Must display a positive attitude even in the face of challenges, adversity and time constraints
Meet Some of Black Mountain Systems's Employees
Christine's job is to help BMS clients get their product needs met. She translates descriptions into technical terms for developers and makes sure projects achieve the desired results.
Back to top