Implementation Specialist (Compliance)
Who We Are:
We are Black Mountain Systems, a rapidly growing software company with more than 125 employees in San Diego, New York and London. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
What We Value:
• Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
• Individuals who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas, and driving change
• Energetic teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
• Passionate individuals who habitually do more than is asked
What We Need:
• Minimum three years experience working with a Portfolio Testing / Pre and Post Trade Compliance system such as WSO Compliance, CDO Suite / Solvas, Eze Castle Compliance, or CRD.
• Working knowledge of CLO 2.0, 40 Act, UCITS, Hedge Fund, and Separately Managed Account rules
• Ability to analyze and define requirements from Investment Management Agreement’s, CLO Indentures, Collateral Management and Administration Agreements, and other similar documents outlining specific test models and calculations.
• Intermediate SQL Server T-SQL skills and ability to translate business logic and compliance rules into the necessary queries for complex calculations, including: Functions, Stored Procedures, Advanced Query Writing, and Optimization
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Great teamwork skills
• Well-rounded personality
• Enthusiasm for technology and finance
• A degree from a 4 year university
• Independent business analysis
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and be adept at listening and soliciting feedback
• Detail-oriented & strong work ethic
• Someone who thrives in a fast-moving environment and can successfully manage multiple competing priorities
• Evaluate client fund structures and rules requirements to develop a comprehensive solution that models all necessary internal, investor, and legal requirements. Evaluate clients’ existing business processes to handle pre and post trade compliance, exceptions management, hypothetical analysis, and historical compliance.
• Create custom reports using advanced query writing skills to deliver the information necessary for clients to analyze their portfolio testing status
• Work with client project teams internally to ensure all data necessary for calculations are available, including security master, positions, and other information.
• Create rules and calculations using our test builder UI and SQL methodologies
• Configure system settings and options, and execute unit/integration/acceptance testing
• Test product-level functionality and new releases. Identify and communicate areas for improvement
• End-user training
• Some travel required
What We Offer:
• Fun, fast-paced work environment
• Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
• The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
• An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
• The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
• Numerous team building activities, such as monthly happy hours to promote collaboration
• An annual trip for the whole company to collaborate and have fun (Cancun, Cabo, New York, Vegas, etc.)
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401k benefits
• 4 weeks of vacation
Hear from Christine:
An Implementation Specialist at Black Mountain Systems
Meet Some of Black Mountain Systems's Employees
Christine's job is to help BMS clients get their product needs met. She translates descriptions into technical terms for developers and makes sure projects achieve the desired results.
Back to top