Director Of Information Security
Who We Are:
We are Black Mountain Systems, a rapidly growing company with more than 100 employees in San Diego, New York and London. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
What We Value:
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- Individuals who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas, and driving change
- Energetic teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Passionate individuals who habitually do more than is asked
What We Need:
- Great teamwork skills
- Well-rounded personality
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Sound judgment; able to balance idealized vision with practical implications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information security, with increasing leadership responsibilities
- Technical proficiency in security-related hardware and software
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) software deployments and related security considerations strongly preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- CISSP and CISM certifications strongly preferred
- Manage and deliver the day-to-day information security operations, policies/procedures, architecture, and governance for a financial software company, including programs such as but not limited to; Identity & Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application & Data Protection, Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery.
- Determine threats, identify risks and vulnerabilities to the organization, address security breaches, and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate, propose, configure and implement security applications and tools.
- Facilitate external penetration testing and audit participation, where applicable.
- Define and implement security, privacy and compliance initiatives across the organization.
- Respond to and address security control inquiries from clients and prospects.
What We Offer:
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities, such as monthly happy hours to promote collaboration
- An annual trip for the whole company to somewhere where we can collaborate and have fun (Cabo, New York, Vegas, etc.)
- 4 weeks of vacation to start
Back to top