Systems Engineer- San Diego
WHO WE ARE
We are Allvue Systems, a rapidly growing software company formed by the merger of AltaReturn and Black Mountain. Allvue has over 420 employees in offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. We are the leading provider of software solutions for the Private Capital and Fixed Income markets. Whether a client wants an end-to-end technology suite, or independently focused modules, Allvue helps eliminate the boundaries between systems, information, and people. We’re looking for ambitious, smart, and creative individuals to join our team and help our clients achieve their goals!
WHAT WE VALUE
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- People who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas and driving change
- Energetic and passionate teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Hard-working individuals who habitually do more than asked
WHAT WE NEED
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering & 4+years of related experiences or 7+ years of related experiences.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Experience with infrastructure and application management considerations including backup and DR strategies, data security and encryption, resource monitoring, patch management, high availability, load balancing, etc.
- Solid experience with Administration and performance tuning of application web stacks (i.e. Tomcat, Apache, IIS, etc.)
- Solid understanding, troubleshooting, and installation of Enterprise Servers (Linux and Windows) and applications.
- Solid Cloud (AWS, Azure AD, etc) experience is preferable
- Experience with AWS products including EC2, EBS, ELB, IAM, S3, Route 53, VPCs, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Inspector, OpsWorks, Gateways, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working with Azure PaaS, Azure networking, and Azure site reliability solutions.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience creating automated processes using well-known frameworks such as PowerShell, Chef, etc.
- Automation software (i.e. Chef, Puppet, cfengine, Terraform) is a big plus
- Scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Ruby, Python, etc.) a plus
- Networking Knowledge (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, DNS, Firewall) including AWS is desired
- Microsoft SQL knowledge and administration are pertinent and desired
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and infrastructure management tools.
- Proactively ensure that the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Liaise with internal team(s) and other personnel to address Infra/System related problem
- Provide (act as) 2nd and 3rd level escalation for internal IT/Cloud team
- Play an integral role in design, test, and implement customs tools/applications that are relevant to the company needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers &/or DevOps to implement the fixes.
- Continue identifying, maintain infrastructure security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and Maintain (possible collaboration w/DevOps) custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks to include working w/DevOps team.
- Participate in the design of information and operational IT support systems
- Implementing Network Improvement and architect for the Corporate and Cloud
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities to promote collaboration
- 4 weeks paid time off
See Inside the Office of Black Mountain
Black Mountain Systems is an information technology company, changing the way the financial industry manages workflow, data, and analysis. BMS develops innovative, tailored solutions for data aggregation, process management, and business reporting. With world-class hedge fund, private equity, and investment management clients, BMS adds operating efficiency and reduces risk—so its clients can focus on high-value activities and exceptional performance.
Back to top