SQL DBA - Kyiv
- Kyiv, Ukraine
WHO WE ARE
We are Allvue Systems, a rapidly growing software company formed by the merger of AltaReturn and Black Mountain. Allvue has over 420 employees in offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. We are the leading provider of software solutions for the Private Capital and Fixed Income markets. Whether a client wants an end-to-end technology suite, or independently focused modules, Allvue helps eliminate the boundaries between systems, information, and people. We’re looking for ambitious, smart, and creative individuals to join our team and help our clients achieve their goals!
WHAT WE VALUE
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- People who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas and driving change
- Energetic and passionate teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Hard-working individuals who habitually do more than asked
WHAT WE NEED
We are seeking a Mid to Sr. level Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator team member with at least 5 years of Database Administration and hands on performance tuning SQL Server objects such as procedures, functions, and views. This person will join a small, nimble, very experienced database team working in a fast-paced environment for a great company where your opinion and experience matters. We have both AWS and Azure production OLTP and DW BI databases that need to be maintained to keep our clients satisfied as well as hundreds of development databases that need attention on a case by case basis. We have various SQL Server versions from 2008 to 2017 and are planning to move many of our production clients to SQL Server 2019 in the near future.
This position will pivot between Production activities and Development activities as the need arises, working solo as well as in conjunction with other DBA team members, Production stakeholders and client Project Team members to perform various projects and tasks as needed.
- 5-7 years’ experience in MS SQL Server Database Administrator with minimum supervision.
- Experience with enterprise performance and HA monitoring.
- Experience with Windows Server platforms in relation to SQL installations and upgrades.
- Expert knowledge of functions associated with the implementation and maintenance of SQL Server including security, back-up/restoration, logging, reporting and recovery procedures.
- Proven ability with query tuning dramatically improving database performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL server performance issues in production environments.
- Self-motivated and collaborative with other team members required.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Support of business and system processes and procedures.
- Creation of technical documentation as needed.
As a plus...
- Experience with AWS or Azure portals, configuration, and maintenance via the portal.
- Installation and Configuration of multiple instances and versions and components of SQL server, including SQL reporting services, notification services, and analysis services.
- Experience creating and configuring Availability Groups and Listeners.
- Strong database design and schema refactoring experience.
- 1+ years of experience in international or foreign company
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics CRM
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Working with the top private equity firms / hedge funds from North America and Europe
- Working with 60+ development professionals in Kyiv office and 400+ employees around the world
- Compensation package
- Office in the Kyiv city center
- Friendly atmosphere
Back to top