Software Engineer (San Diego)
Who We Are:
We are Black Mountain, a rapidly growing software company with more than 175 employees in San Diego, New York, London and Houston. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
What We Value:
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- Individuals who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas, and driving change
- Energetic teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Passionate individuals who habitually do more than is asked
What We Need:
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Great team working skills
- Well-rounded personality
- Enthusiasm for technology and finance
- A CS degree (or similar engineering) from a leading 4 year university
- Deep understanding of .NET/C#.
- SQL Server experience 2012+. Optimization skills a big plus.
- Design, write, test, & ship enterprise software
- Understand the current architecture, and adapt it as necessary
- Understand the business to the point you can abstract an explicit requirement into a future-proof solution
- Streamline for the ideal user experience
- Champion new ideas and technology to the team
- Find new ways to make us more efficient
- Work hard. Have fun.
What We Offer:
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities, such as monthly happy hours to promote collaboration
- An annual trip for the whole company to somewhere where we can collaborate and have fun (Cabo, New York, Vegas, etc.)
- 4 weeks of vacation
For general information please see www.blackmountainsystems.com
Meet Some of Black Mountain's Employees
Rob oversees all compliance product decisions, as well as all the implementations of projects that involve clients using Black Mountain's compliance software as a solution.
Back to top