Senior Systems/Cloud Engineer (San Diego or New York City)
Who We Are:
We are Black Mountain, a rapidly growing software company with more than 200 employees in San Diego, New York, London and Houston. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
What We Value:
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- Individuals who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas, and driving change
- Energetic teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Passionate individuals who habitually do more than is asked
What We Need:
- Expertise deploying, securing and managing Windows-based virtual infrastructure and web applications on the AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud computing platforms
- Experience with AWS products including EC2, EBS, ELB, IAM, S3, Route 53, VPCs, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Inspector, OpsWorks, Gateways, Lamda, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure and application management considerations including backup and DR strategies, data security and encryption, resource monitoring, patch management, high availability, load balancing, etc.
- Experience delivering software as a service (SaaS) and/or infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions
- Experience creating automated processes using well-known frameworks such as PowerShell, Chef, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL database administration and management
- Experience in setting up and configuring log aggregation utilities, monitoring network and system security logs, and assisting infrastructure, development, and security teams identify, analyze, and resolve issues
- Define and implement solutions to improve the security and scalability our corporate network and hosting platform
- Provision, administer, monitor and support servers, network services, and devices
- Ensure the availability and adequate performance of all critical systems and network resources
- Work with team members to address support inquiries and issues related to our network and hosting platform/services
- Contribute to strategic IT projects & initiatives
What We Offer:
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities, such as monthly happy hours to promote collaboration
- An annual trip for the whole company to somewhere where we can collaborate and have fun (Cabo, New York, Vegas, etc.)
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401k benefits
- 4 weeks of vacation
Back to top