Power BI Developer - Kyiv
- Kyiv, Ukraine
Who we are:
Allvue Systems is a leading provider of investment management solutions for fund managers, investors, and administrators in the alternative investments industry. The Company’s software optimizes decision making and streamlines processes to meet the needs of investors across private equity, venture capital, private debt, structured credit, and other alternative asset classes. Allvue serves customers managing over $2.5 trillion in assets on its platform.
Allvue was created in 2019 through the combination of Black Mountain Systems and AltaReturn. Allvue is based in Miami, FL with locations throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
Vista Equity Partners Fund VII acquired Black Mountain Systems in July 2019 and subsequently merged Black Mountain Systems with AltaReturn, a leading provider of solutions for private capital fund managers, administrators, and family offices, when AltaReturn was acquired in September 2019. The Company rebranded under the name Allvue Systems in September 2019. Combined, Allvue becomes the leader in alternative investment solutions and serves 50 of the top 100 CLO managers, with over $2.5 trillion of assets, 90,000 LPs, and $60 billion of family office assets on its platform.
The Senior BI Developer is responsible for professional performance reporting and financial statement generation for our clients’ diverse investments. The Senior BI Developer is responsible for the complete application development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing, and deployment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work as part of the Allvue BI team to develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports based on client requirements.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions and views be used and to feed SSRS reports.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Maintain and support existing reports and implementation of enhancements.
- Create and maintain customized fields for reporting.
- Communicate with clients via phone calls, emails, and remote computer sessions through the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Serve in a leadership role in the BI Department – welcome and mentor new junior developers.
- Participate in BI projects as needed and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in Business Intelligence / Report Development.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later, and SQL Server Reporting Services. Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL Stack with Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Agent Jobs; and the role of data movement in data analytics.
- Experience with Power BI, C# in database Assembly integration, or SharePoint integration a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- In depth SQL querying skills with understanding and experience in optimizing speed of queries.
- Dedication to complete application development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a “team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Background knowledge in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal skills. Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English. Ability to communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels, form the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude, detail oriented, and highly organized.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics CRM and/or Dynamics NAV a plus.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Working with 60+ development professionals in Kyiv office and 400+ employees around the world
- Compensation package
- Office in the Kyiv city center
Back to top