Consultant - London
WHO WE ARE
We are Allvue Systems, a rapidly growing software company formed by the merger of AltaReturn and Black Mountain. Allvue has over 420 employees in offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. We are the leading provider of software solutions for the Private Capital and Fixed Income markets. Whether a client wants an end-to-end technology suite, or independently focused modules, Allvue helps eliminate the boundaries between systems, information, and people. We’re looking for ambitious, smart, and creative individuals to join our team and help our clients achieve their goals!
The Consultant is responsible for providing software application consultancy, primarily to clients during an implementation project. Consultancy services include both tasks performed onsite with the customer and offsite at the office. Core responsibilities include analysis of client operational processes, user training, and following the clients through the implementation lifecycle, including deployments, and supporting new enhancements and upgrades to existing client installations. The Consultant is expected to work alongside internal parties, such as: Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts, and other relevant staff, in order to deliver exceptional consulting services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the implementation team to manage the overall implementation process for new client deployments.
- Gather client requirements and work with internal teams to implement the client's needs according to the AltaReturn implementation methodology.
- Prepare relevant documentation as part of the implementation process, including client requirements, project plans, design documents and reporting specifications.
- Assist with the development of a project plan for each implementation. Track the progress of the implementation according to the project plan and provide status updates to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Configure the AltaReturn system according the agreed-upon design documentation, and work with the client and database administration team to migrate client historical data into the system.
- Collaborate with internal development team to deliver custom requirements including client-specific reporting, interfaces and business processes.
- Conduct testing of application and custom enhancements prior to client deployment, work with clients to facilitate user acceptance testing and production rollout.
- Work independently in a supervised team environment.
- Travel requirement of 20-25%.
- Participate in Consulting projects as needed and required.
- Actively participate in Design Sessions providing subject matter knowledge from clients served.
- Knowledge of most private equity and alternative investment concepts, key processes (capital calls, distributions) and accounting practices.
- Able to prepare a first draft of a client Design Document with guidance and review from senior consulting team members.
- Able to configure the system’s core and advanced features, demonstrating understanding of the impact of configuration on related areas of the system.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard financial statements and data flows from general ledger to Account Schedules to financial statement line items.
- Able to provide basic system training to client business users and new team members.
- Able to draft specifications for client custom reports.
- Follows AltaReturn internal procedures, such as project management updates, preparation of Change Requests, and support queue monitoring.
- Adheres to AltaReturn employee practices in a timely and consistent manner, including timesheet entry and travel and expense policies.
- Maintain 85+% utilization target.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Required: Strong, fundamental understanding of Partnership Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years of partnership and/or tax accounting experience at a Fund, Fund Administrator, Big Four or other top accounting firm.
- Experienced in comparable Partnership Accounting or Alternative Investments Software a plus.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal skills. Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional analytical aptitude, detail oriented, and highly organized
- Strong technology and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a client service team.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, business administration or related field.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must sit for long periods of time and be able to handle varying levels of stress. The employee can expect to use his/her hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities to promote collaboration
- Private health insurance for the whole family including dental and vision. Pension with generous employer contribution
- 5 weeks paid time off
Back to top