WHO WE ARE
We are Allvue Systems, a rapidly growing software company formed by the merger of AltaReturn and Black Mountain. Allvue has over 500 employees in offices throughout North America and Europe. We are the leading provider of software solutions for the Private Capital and Credit markets. Whether a client wants an end-to-end technology suite, or independently focused modules, Allvue helps eliminate the boundaries between systems, information, and people. We’re looking for ambitious, smart, and creative individuals to join our team and help our clients achieve their goals. Define your own future with Allvue Systems!
WHAT WE NEED
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel will assist in directing the contracting process, including the drafting and negotiation of all agreements between Allvue and its clients, vendors and partners. The Associate General Counsel will also assist in legal compliance (including GDPR and CCPA), assess risks across a variety of areas by assisting in disputes, litigation and insurance issues and be involved in a wide variety of activities that help drive business growth and improve the operations and maturity of the Legal function and other business departments.
Principally, the legal department negotiates and manages the company’s contracts, in some cases multimillion dollar deals; leads compliance, regulatory, and governance matters; and manages risk. Given the nature of Allvue’s business, the legal department is involved in almost every aspect of the company’s business, including corporate strategy, product development, brand and marketing strategy, and employment matters. The Associate General Counsel will support all of these activities and -- in so doing -- will collaborate extensively with colleagues across multiple business departments and product lines, including at the executive level.
- Negotiate client, vendor and partner contracts
- Work cross-functionally with sales, finance, and operations teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk preferences
- Review and analyze complex business issues to provide recommendations to senior management
- Assist in developing and implementing company policy and procedure documents
In sum, this position offers the opportunity for a talented and motivated attorney to touch every facet of Allvue’s business that has a legal nexus and to help the Legal department achieve best-in-class status. The General Counsel has spent years in private practice and in-house and is committed to supporting the personal and professional development of the person who will occupy this role and running a professional and service-focused department.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- You are not content simply to follow directions, but are inquisitive and proactive and seek to improve the work of the legal department and the overall business.
- You set the bar high with your daily work product and consistently hold yourself to that standard.
- You do your best work when you have autonomy and ownership of a project, but don't hesitate to seek direction when you're at a crossroads or in unfamiliar territory.
- You exercise good judgment day-in, day-out.
- You have a knack for continuous improvement and for figuring out the scalable and sustainable solution.
- You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- You balance short-term and long-term objectives.
- You multitask complex projects while also firefighting time-sensitive matters.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You embrace a challenge.
- You are content to work through ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited institution
- Admitted to and in good standing with a state bar
- 5-7 years’ experience in private law practice or in-house
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to “own” projects through to completion in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across teams collaboratively
- Strong contractual drafting, transactional and negotiation skills
- Strong business decision-making skills and the ability to function independently
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier law school
- 5-7 years of corporate or transactional experience in private law practice or in-house legal department
- Extensive SaaS experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities to promote collaboration
- Unlimited PTO
Allvue Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants for employment. We recognize the real value of bringing people together from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives - we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate and support it. We are committed to advancing these efforts through our strategies to hire, promote, create and support a diverse and inclusive environment throughout our workforce and workplace. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. In addition, Allvue will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.