Staff Software Engineer Test - Integration Platform
- Pleasanton, CA
BlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications. As a Staff Software Engineer Test, you will play a crucial role in testing our next generation highly scalable, secure, extensible, reliable and self-service integration platform. You will be key to the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers.
You will play the role of architecting innovative technical testing solutions that drive automation across the entire QE organization as well as automating tests for web-based applications and APIs. This is a transformational role requiring exceptional technical, communication and collaboration skills. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Work with product management, architects and Engineering teams to understand stated and unstated requirements and turn them into test strategy.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the design, implementation, and success of comprehensive performance tests and associated metrics
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, testing and communication
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership contribution in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, dependencies management, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Exhibit strong technical leadership, training and mentorship to other QE Engineers as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Demonstrable top-quality experience with integration, performance, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on API applications.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Collaborate with Operations leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all technical specifications are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Partner with Network, Database, Ops, InfoSec and other teams in evaluating performance issues and solutions
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 7 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 7 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C# (with .NET core and NUnit / XUnit / MSTest).
- Experience in testing integration solutions for batch, API and event driven architectures.
- Strong working experience with microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications.
- Experience with testing various integration patterns, styles and technologies and API gateway.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability and security.
- Strong testing experience with cloud native/cloud first applications in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Experience with Performance test development and Continuous Integration (CI) tools
- Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take things across the finish line.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows is required
- Experience with integration platforms, such as Informatica, Boomi or MuleSoft preferred
- Familiar with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft).
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.
Back to top